New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ohio Season
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Today and tomarrow is Ohio's youth season. This pass summer I had requested from Ohio's D.N.R. a request to hunt some handy-cap hunters on a property that I have had for a number of years. Reason being every year a few more new fellows call me and request to hunt and normally I only hold it on the first two days of gun season. So today it was set up for three guys but do to health problems I ended up with two. At day break one fellow missed a shot on a buck then around ten missed a doe,telling me what fun he was having just seeing them . The other guy shot low on a buck but seen 25 and five of them different bucks also stateing what a thrill to just see them. Every year it gets more fun for me to do this and with our local S.C.I. Club we get plenty of help and its a all around good time for all. If you have had alot of good days in the feild and want to see excited hunters just give this a try in your area it opens alot of closed doors on private propertys and as I get older seeing them is as much fun as pulling the trigger. dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was a bit on the news about a week ago about a group that held hunts for the handicap people and I think it was around Kenton. Caught the item late so I didn't get the complete story. It is great that someone like you does that for the handicap.

Speaking of the youth season I went out to my hunting site today and a buck that I saw last sunday was hanging in the barn. I presume it was the owner's son who got it. It just never got in bow range and I was looking for a doe though.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HerrMesser If your talking about the bean town I think your refuring to I am located about 25 miles southwest of you and two of the guys are from the Lima area. This morning one of them killed a nice eight point. Like I remarked yesturday they get excited like a kid would, it sure is a good time. Bill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That be the bean town. You must be down by Grand lake area.

Glad to hear at least one of them got a deer. Got any pics?

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
YEP ! JUST out of town a few miles then off 66 I have picttures but so far I can't seem to figure out how to put them on here. Bill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To post pictures you first need a photo host like photobucket.

http://photobucket.com/

Once you get your pics on the host there will link under the pic and you can click on the bottom one and paste in reply.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member