Notify
Tools

BLASER R93 Vs HEYM
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BER007
posted
Hi All,

I'm wondering which is the best take off rifle between these two brands.
Which one is the most accurate?
Which one is the most easy to change the barrel in oder to change the caliber?
Which one worth the money?

Many thanks for your input.

------------------
BER007
Keep the faith in any circumstances
------------------------
BBER007@HOTMAIL.COM

Posts: 831 | Location: BELGIUM | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Eric Mavor>
posted
BER007,
I didn't realise that Heym made a rifle with interchangeable barrels in the same way that Blaser do, however for what it's worth, I've got 2 Heym SR20's, one in 375H&H and one in 7X57. Both are extremely accurate, especially the 7x57 and I love them!

I seem to remember some people voicing the opinion that there's some sort of safety issue regarding the Blaser action, but I'm afraid I can't remember the details, something to do with the bolt and what happens in the event of a cartridge failure.

Regards,
Eric.

one of us
Picture of Heritage Arms
posted Hide Post
I have used both and prefer the Blaser for it's calibre interchangeability. I have used my Blaser all over Africa and have never had it fail. The SR 20 from Heym has shot really well in my hands, I prefer the Blaser

Posts: 1573 | Location: USA, most of the time  | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
We're actually comparing straight pull rifles, i.e. Blaser R93 vs. Heym SR30. Both are high quality products and are very accurate out of the box. Looks meet the eye first : high tech for the R93 and "classic" for the SR30 and are a personal choice. Practically, the R93 interchanges barrels in any caliber from .222 to .416, while the SR30 is limited to action size � la Sauer 202 (= std. calibers do not mix with magnums). The R93 bolt may be removed by hand as opposed to the SR30 which needs tools(a not too handy proposition in the field)...

------------------
Andr�

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote