New
Find
Notify
Tools

game ear ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Of the game ear I or II does the price difference between them make getting the II worthwhile. I plan to get a set this comming week. I'm looking for comparisons betweem the two of them. I'm leaning towards the II's but if there's not much difference I'll put the 100 dollars towards something else. My left side is way down from my right, and the right is not good. It would help if the ringing would just go away.

Posts: 215 | Location: BRF mid west WI. | Registered: 28 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Painted Horse
posted Hide Post
Look at the quest Essentials before you buy the Game Ear.

http://www.questessential.com/

Posts: 232 | Location: Utah | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote
<boreal>
posted
I'm interested in these things too. I was just about to order a Walkers Game Ear today.

Do they really work for hunting?

Painted Horse,
Why do you like the Quest Essentials?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a one and I don't use it much anymore. You can hear some things better but you have no sence of direction. You can't tell where the sounds are coming from.

Posts: 68 | Location: Princeton Ks. | Registered: 23 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Q-optics Thats why I was looking into getting one for each ear. Right now everything sound like it's comming from the left side. Last spring I had been calling some turkeys that I was sure were in front left of me for about 45 min. when they came in they were behind and to the right of my hiding spot. Sure caught me off guard. This was my first year with almost total hearing loss in left ear. Doc. says its down about 25 decibels, like wearing a muff on one ear. I thought about getting just one but with two maybe I can adjust them to get somewhat equal hearing.

Posts: 215 | Location: BRF mid west WI. | Registered: 28 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cwilson
posted Hide Post
These sound amplification devices are not legal to hunt with in some states, Pennsylvania for one.

cwilson

Posts: 715 | Location: Boswell, PA, USA | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
<boreal>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Q-Optics:
You can hear some things better but you have no sence of direction. You can't tell where the sounds are coming from.

That would suck! I may hold off on purchase. Thanks!

one of us
Picture of Painted Horse
posted Hide Post
boreal,

The quest essentials fit totally in the ear like a hearing aid. They come in 3 models. Analog and digital.

They block out loud noises like gunshots, protecting your hearing from further loss.

Check out their website. I have not purchased a set yet. But it is something I am considering. For work around construction equipement as well as hunting.

Posts: 232 | Location: Utah | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote
<boreal>
posted
Wow, just checked the site more carefully! I could spend a thousand dollars for digitals in both ears! I could be like a super hero or something. [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hearing loss is painful and irritating - $1,000 dollars is a shedload of money but anyone who shoots in the field and doesn't use them runs the risk of some serious discomfort later on in life.

I used to get to see people with gun induced hearing loss as part of my job. To a man they all wished they had worn ear protection.

If you could offer a cure for tinnitus for $1,000US you'd be a millionaire overnight, unfortunately there isn't one.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do to years of runing saw mill, cutting timber,and runing bull dozers ect.I lost all most all of hearing in my left ear. Went to the ear Doc. to day the digital hearing nade he recomended
was all most $3,000 tell you how it workes in 3 or 4 weeks.

Posts: 302 | Location: west virginia | Registered: 10 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use Walker's Game Ear II while hunting and the Quad Muffs when at the range. They work. I just wish I would have had these twenty years or more ago. It's great to be able to hear game in the woods again like when I was a Kid. Lawdog

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHORTMAG:
Do to years of runing saw mill, cutting timber,and runing bull dozers ect.I lost all most all of hearing in my left ear.

Good luck with the digitals BUT you are likely deceiving yourself about the cause of your hearing loss.

Hearing loss in left ear only is a CLASSIC sign of shooting (assuming right handed) bulldozers, saws etc are normaly equal.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might be right bad as i hate to say it i shot guns for years with out hearing portection but no more i wont to save what little hearing i got.

Posts: 302 | Location: west virginia | Registered: 10 December 2002Reply With Quote