Find
Notify
Tools

Happy New Year
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
My cow elk hunt concluded yesterday, and the elk won. I hunted for over two weeks with a few days off for my knee surgery. We had a great deal of snow and that made it tough. Snow in the high country and mud in the low. Saw elk only twice and both times it was not physically feasible for me to go after them.

That said, the hunt was wonderful. The Ponderosa forest in white is beautiful, and each day started with the anticipation of success. That's what makes this hunting activity of ours so wonderful. Enjoying the outdoors, becoming a part of it so to speak,
and the pure joy of being able to be out there.

May all of your 2008 hunts be as good as my last one, with the bonus of some meat for the table at the end of it. I wish you all the very best for the New Year.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year!!!!!!..... dancing

" If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand which feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countryman " Samuel Adams, 1772

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Cheers and I'll second that. Smiler

Posts: 22 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 October 2007Reply With Quote