New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montana Antelope Results are Up
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 33 | Location: Glasgow, Montana | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tnomen: Thanks for the heads up - I just checked and I was finally successful in some Big Game draw this year!
I will be on the high plains soon scouting my Antelope area!
Good luck to you also!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I got lucky & drew a 700 tag. Ah, back to Montana finally! Anyone know how to find out if add'l. buck/doe tags are available?

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fredj338: I would call the folks in Miles City, Montana. They are the Region 7 headquarters and will be selling the tags if available. I am sure there will be some as the Antelope in that region are REALLY doing well.
Their number is 406-234-0900
Good luck
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would be amazed if any buck tags were left for 700 but I do imagine there will be some tags for flat tops.

MD

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My name never got entered despite the assurance of one of the "helpful" staff at FWP that my internet application had been received and submitted... bawling

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Frans Diepstraten: The folks at the Montana F&G are real persnickety about the applications!
My friend and neighbor here in Montana, Ron, got bounced out of the Antelope draw for some simple oversight that could have been clarified instantly with reference to his many other applications this year or a phone call!
Anyway he is bummed as he got bounced and did not even get to acrue any bonus points.
I quadruple check my applications anymore and still hope for the best.
I know for a positive fact that I put in for a Doe Whitetail permit in an area near my house two years ago. Like always I quadruple checked the numbers. I ended up getting a different type (one of 50 Mule Deer doe tags in that area instead of one of the 2,000 Whitetail doe tags!!!). Someone at the F&G simply hit the wrong numeral on their keyboard and I got a Mule Deer doe tag instead of the Whitetail tag! Humans!
Aaaahhhh!
Take a breath and better luck next year.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Thanks VG, I was looking on line, I think I can buy their, if not, Miles City it is for a doe tag.

One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
My son, who starts his BG career this fall, and I both drew 450-00

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So happy right now, both myself and hunting partner drew 390 tags. Don't have to drive all the way to Jordan to hunt. jump

Posts: 322 | Location: Three Forks, Montana | Registered: 02 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, Isn't driving to Jordan half the fun?

My wife and I will be on our way out east of Billings for some more antelope backstraps.

There are 8000 doe tags for the 700's and you can get two per hunter.

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I drew 530. Good year so far- drew WY & CO antelope too!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I see my luck (or lack of) is still holding. I put in an area with a 50% draw rate and even with bonus points I didn't draw... Oh well next year for lopes.....

Posts: 587 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I did not make it for 700. Maybe next year. Only had 1 bonus point.

Posts: 117 | Location: Wisconsin , USA | Registered: 07 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got a tag in 338 only 100 tags I feel pretty lucky.Now I have to decide .280 or 25-06,what a tough life,w/regards

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Ah gopher, that is a serious problem. I already have a .280, why don't you donate your .25-06 to me & let me help you w/ your decision. lol

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is there a web site where one can go to see what is left over that can be purchased over the counter.

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Here is the MFWP site. Go into the buy lic. & see what's available. You can also e-mail them, they are pretty helpful.
http://fwp.state.mt.us/hunting/seasonslicenses/default.html

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been a resident of montana for 13 years now. This is the first year I have not drawn a antelope tag. Used my 2nd and 3rd choices for areas that never draw out and still missed on them. Oh well I picked up a handful of surplus deer tags and also drew my elk tag in a unit that has a surplus of elk and a good friend has a large ranch in the area. But with that all said my favorite hunting is still antelope and that will have to wait until next year.
Scott

Posts: 978 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For years we put in for the districts around Harlowton and always got a tag, then nope. So, we started driving out east and always got tags, plus one or two doe tags. Even Montana is feeling a bit of a pressure from population increases from the folks around the bigger towns, like Bozeman. 20 plus years ago you could hunt mule deer in the Bridgers just outside Bozeman and kill some nice bucks, now I won't even bother unless you have private land access and then all you'll see are whitetails.

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote