New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montana License
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone know when the nonresident Montana big game combo draw is announced?

Life Member- NRA & SCI

Posts: 228 | Location: Albany, NY | Registered: 24 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sometime this week. Word on the street is there will be leftovers.

FWP Special Licensing Dept at (406) 444-2950

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
It's my understanding there will be close to 700 combo tags left over.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last year I bought a non resident Big Game Combo in late August...there were about 200 left at that time. This year I'm looking for an elk permit in 412-20.

Phil

Life Member- NRA & SCI

Posts: 228 | Location: Albany, NY | Registered: 24 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
results haven't been officially announced BUT I have an extra bonus point for elk this morning.

I'd be willing to bet you'll know by this evening.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, got the combo but not the elk permit.

Life Member- NRA & SCI

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didn't get draw area tag. Will have to hunt non draw zones. Good 'nuff! MTG

Posts: 241 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunt99
posted Hide Post
No elk permit again! MT's point system sucks as I now will have 8 points!! Have 10 points for Mt. Goat so maybe that will finally come in.

I hunt to live and live to hunt!

Posts: 299 | Location: Big Sky Country! | Registered: 19 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Finally drew a limited entry tag with only 80 tags for this unit. 420-20 in the Judith Mountains. MMM elk steaks! It also took me 7 years to draw! Apply Apply Apply!

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the elk/deer combo, but the non-resident buck results are out. There are four of us who hunt MT deer every year, and all four drew. We did not put in as a party. That seems to defy the odds. We all paid the $75 vigorish "offered" by FWP.

This makes the third year running I've drawn a general buck tag. (Not a special permit hunt.)
I need to examine the drawing data to see what is going on. Perhaps demand is waning due to the ever-higher fees.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote