Find
Notify
Tools

AZ Fall results available
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted
Posted today and it looks like I need dust off my muzzleloader for Elk.

http://www.gf.state.az.us

Posts: 764 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unit 1,2b,2c september mzldr elk!
I have to go, I think I'm going to puke......wapiti7

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nada for me.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Unit 27 early rifle..Sept 26-Oct2. Odds of me drawing 2 early hunts in my life are pretty low. Used up my 12 points, but if its anything like the last one it will be worth it..Truly stoked dancing

Posts: 188 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 31 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Lee. I had 9 points going in. I don't care if I draw anything else this year. We both drew 2 of the best tags in the state. Just remember....don't whack one the first day, and I want to see some pics!
wapiti7

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
WOOO HOOOOO !!!!!

6A Elk at the end of November dancing dancing dancing

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1582 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wapiti7:
Congrats Lee. I had 9 points going in. I don't care if I draw anything else this year. We both drew 2 of the best tags in the state. Just remember....don't whack one the first day, and I want to see some pics!
wapiti7

Which unit did you draw? 27?

Posts: 188 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 31 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Well my daughter and I are out. Will have to try again next year.

CRYBABY

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
dancing

Species Application: ELK

Drawn Hunt Number: 03052

Permit No: xxxxxx - Congratulations! Draw Successful.

Unit 9, here we come Big Grin... October...

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
Well my muzzleloader won't be out in the fresh air this Fall! Frowner But, I am now the proud owner of 7 points. lol

Chris drew a 4A archery bull tag...archer... so at least there will be meat in the freezer.

Good hunting to all who drew!

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lee,
1, 2b, 2c
September 20th- oct 2nd

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's been a very bad day anyway. Not getting drawn didn't make it any better. thumbdown
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
Nothing for me either, damn !!!! I don't think I'll be able to bowhunt elk any more by the time I draw another tag. I guess I'll also have to try somewhere else for antelope.

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My daughetr and I drew 5bn antlerless dec 5-11.
Our 2nd choice. I had 3 bp's and she had 2 bp's.
This is her 1st big game tag. Needless to say the excitement level is up there for us both.
She will be using a S&W 1500 243(her gift for completing her hunter education course)that she helped restock (richards microfit thumbhole laminate), I did the fit and she did all the sanding and finish work.(she is 13).The rifle fits her and turned out really nice.
I wish I had a larger caliber rifle to do a re stock on for her, all other calibers that I have are hard kickers (7mm rem mag, 7mm stw, 338 mag and such). I dont want her to become recoil shy.
Any way congrats to those who drew tags and good luck in the rest of the drawings for those who didnt.
Coues
her

Posts: 337 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 458Lottfan
posted Hide Post
I drew Bull, Sep. rifle hunt in 4B and my son drew Bull, Nov-Dec. rifle in 4A. I could not be happier for us. I had 9 points and Jonathan had 1 when we drew.

All of this right after we get back from Namibia in Aug. This is the best year to date for potential hunts.

Looks like I have to opportunity to put a lot of blood on my .300WSM.

The news on our draw results was a very positive wrap, to a very frustrating day at work!

Posts: 583 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 08 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Zip! Off to Texas....

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote