THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Colorado Trying to Ban Prairie Dog Hunting

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado Trying to Ban Prairie Dog Hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dr B
posted
The Colorado Wildlife commission held its regular March meeting in Denver on Thursday, March 13. The meeting began at 8:30 a.m. and ran through 4:15 p.m.

A citizen petition was introduced for banning the shooting of prairie dogs.

Colorado cattle growers and sheep grower’s assoc were present to argue against the petition.

Commissioners will hear more debate at next meeting on May 1-2 - Meeting in Grand Junction. Your presence will be helpful.

The Commission will make a decision at the July10-11 Meeting in Durango.
Most of the commission members are not hunters, so this will seem like a valid cause to them.

If we don’t standup for our sport no one else will. There is also a good possibility that the neighboring states will soon follow suit.

Attendance at the meting will be helpful or if unable. Letters or calls to the Commission will help.

DR B

Commission Web site
http://wildlife.state.co.us/WildlifeCommission/

Commission E-mail
wildlife.comm@state.co.us

E-mail of Commission Members
http://wildlife.state.co.us/WildlifeCommission/Members/

Copy of petition
http://wildlife.state.co.us/NR/rdonl...iveTargets.pdf

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just e-mailed the comission.

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunatly, colorado has as many treehuggers and hippies as it does hunters. The hunters are always taking a beating there.

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
This from the state that made marmots a game animal with a daily bag limit of two. Maybe they'll make prairie dogs game animals too. Then there will be a limit and you'll have to recover all edible portions from the field. Yum, yum. Big Grin

Posts: 3300 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Sounds much like California. If anyone is interested, I don't think we have a bag limit on Taliban; I don't think a license is required either. Big Grin Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
We have a bumper sticker here in colorado. "If its tourist season, why can't we shoot them?"

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
In Montana there's a sod rat season on public land. I never thought it would get that far here, but it did!

You can't shoot the sentient, loving, tolerant creatures during a three month period (March - May) on federal public land. At least you still can on private and state land. I haven't found a ruling on that for 2008, but that's how it was from 2006 - 2007.

I just hate to write this, as I feel like a tree hugging sympathizer, but it is nice to know that they are protecting the crop of new explosive targets during their rearing March - May. Many of the towns on federal land near roads have been shot so much it wasn't worth going. That might change now.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's hard to believe that the "wildlife" commission in Colorado has not hunters on it? Why not?

Posts: 318 | Location: No. California | Registered: 19 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EB:
It's hard to believe that the "wildlife" commission in Colorado has not hunters on it? Why not?

7 out of 12 commision members have ties to organizations like RMEF, Ducks Unlimited, NRA, Mule Deer foundation, Rocky Mountain Bighorn Foundation, CCA, NCA, CO Wool Growers. Then there is another who is a former DVM, so it isn't as bad as was stated. I do however agree with Dr B we need to let them know how we feel about this as it usually is the squeaky wheel that gets taken care of first.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It has always amazed me how a state like Colorado is so Liberal...Try that in Idaho and you would have a civil war on your hands.

Hell they have gone to fist city over the wolf thing, one of outfitters slapped the be jesus out of the tree huggers lady president of wolves forever or some such organization and they had another fist fight in the halls of the state capitol over the wolf thing...And I am pretty sure every native Idahoan is packing a rifle and got killing on his mind! The wolf was forced on us by non residents and non hunters and anti gun people, and therein lies the problem.

Now get this, the Fish and Game is trying to compromise, they want a season on wolves, and if you buy a wolf license that gives you the right to shoot a wolf that threatens you or yours, or is threatening your pet, now how is that for a croc of s---t!!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Ray,

I think you can agree that the same thing that is taking place in Colorado is what is taking place in your neck of the woods, Twin Falls. There is a huge migration of people to this state especially from California, mainly to Denver and the surrounding areas. Granted, I'm an immigrant too but at least I came from a neighboring state! Wink

Similar things are taking place in your state especially around Twin Falls and then up around Coeur d'Alene and Pend Oreille areas. I get to deal with those hippies up north on a monthly basis when dealing with herbicide use in water bodies!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by graybird:
Ray,

I think you can agree that the same thing that is taking place in Colorado is what is taking place in your neck of the woods, Twin Falls. There is a huge migration of people to this state especially from California, mainly to Denver and the surrounding areas. Granted, I'm an immigrant too but at least I came from a neighboring state! Wink

Similar things are taking place in your state especially around Twin Falls and then up around Coeur d'Alene and Pend Oreille areas. I get to deal with those hippies up north on a monthly basis when dealing with herbicide use in water bodies!!

Yep them damn liberal Californians screwed up their State so bad they can't stand to live there anymore. So they move out here and try to make Colorado just like California. Don't know why they can't leave well enough alone. Since their great "Social Experiment" was such a failure there they thought they would try it somewhere else.

Don't get me wrong, I know some great people from CA. Some of them have moved away to get their rights back and are good people who love to fish and hunt and heaven forbid own firearms. Unfortunately the are in the minority.