THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: How many have actually scoped Deer and Elk@5-600?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: How many have actually scoped Deer and Elk@5-600?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted
jaycocreek
Never mind my wife just called...she killed a buck
Gotta go!!!!

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Turn the scope around and look through from the little end, the end near the butt of the rifle.... they'll get bigger!!

Posts: 226 | Location: Dorchester County, South Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jaycocreek
posted Hide Post
Dutch-I have to ask...Are you related to the Grasmicks from Boise in the Produce buisness?Dutch and Bob etc etc?

Jayco.

Posts: 565 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

#7 There IS a small minority .....My rant is NOT aimed at those of YOU in this small percentage.

I agree with most of your rant, Frank, and the quote above was a nice exclusion. However I would take exception to the following:

Quote:

#6 The average hunter wounds an animal or more each year. Especially the LR afficianados.

"Typical slob hunters who blast away at long ranges" would have been a better term to use there. Of the poeple I know who I would consider "LR Aficionados," many years go by for most of them before they pull the trigger more times than they have tags.

It has been nearly 15 years since I've required a second shot at a game animal and I know I'm not as careful as most of those guys.

Posts: 920 | Location: Mukilteo, WA | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Law Cop-Your reply amazes me coming from your background.When my wife and I got married she was a Police Officer.Then came all the classes I was invited to especially the Hand to hand.They needed a new Guinne pig and I was the natural choice being just a dumb old logger.Sounds alot like the ex LA Cops moving to North Idaho like Mark and his Cocky friends.Didn't take long for them to calm down abit as a big part of Seal Team 2 was there along with the Beer Bellied-Poaching out of shape loggers.

Life goes on but for an ex Officer/Prosecuter who was in college when the locals were a huntin and eatin...My My.Opinions are opinions.You have your educated one and I have my on the job.Who knows???

Good luck to you sir....Jayco.

WELL, since we are engaged in backgrounds, I am still an officer though part time on one side of the state with a very small department and full time prosecutor on the other. (it's hard to give it up)I started in police work in 1970. Along the way collected a brown belt in karate, a pilots license and law degree. I WAS a police department Team "sniper" which is far different then a military sniper. "precision shooting" takes on a WHOLE new definition. I was working midnights out of the ghetto while going to Law School. After law school it was back to the ghetto for about 8 more years then 5+ in undercover narcotics in a joint task force during which I didn't shave or cut my hair for 5 years.

going to fun places like Miami to play with the Cubans and the west side of Chicago to play with the Mexicans coutesy of the FBI.
most of my adult life has been spent hunting men who don't want to be caught in one of the most violent cities in the United States. So, I too got a "fair amount" of hunting, BUT hunting a "game" that could and did shoot back, although eating the catch in that environment is NOT considered kosher.

Shot various disciplines of shooting competion for over 25 years and probably have well over 3/4 of a million rounds down range. Well over 40,000 rounds of slug and buck in competion, God only knows how many .45acp. but conservativley just in .45 it has to be over 200,000 rounds OVer 40,000 rounds through M1A in rifle competition. Just in the last year alone have burned over 1000 rounds at 1000yds.

My folks had a place in Northern Ontario for years so my before college years were spent running around the bush from CHapleau(first time there was in 1956) up to Hudson bay on hunting and fishing trips. Between colleges in late 60's I spent a month alone living in the woods in Northern Mich off of the deer I took during rifle season.
So, I'm more then just a "pretty face" who "was in college when the locals were a huntin and eatin" and my share of experiences may be a little more unique then most.

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote