New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marco Polo Sheep research
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gents,I shall start doing my serious homework for a possible Marco Polo sheep,maybe with addition of Ibex.
There are not that many choices,which in a way aint that bad as it shortens the research.
From my readings in tis forum,the place to go to would be Tajikistan.I dont know for sure whether those folks are independant of Russia,given the messup of Russians hunting permits?

Else will wait.
I think I want the best chances for a tue large trophy sheep,given that I probably will do so only once Smiler, so game quality and density would matter foremost.
2nd is the quetion of access,altitude camps
I understand this is all doable,jeep and walk?

? weather/snow/times?

3 and equally important: integrity of the outfitter and guide chain.I am not going to shoot just a sheep, I am looking for a memorable experience,a guide that loves to hunt and works for his client to do better.
A translator / local etc to mother me in a land where I dont speak the language would be a nice feature.

Please add any other pointers you consider important.

I am aware of 3 avenues to link up:

Nick Frederick
Ameri-Cana Expeditions Inc

hunt@safari1.com

hostmaster@juulchin.com

Tried the last 2 ,but they dont answer E mails yet

Please share negatives/positives or alternatives

Thanks for any help

Posts: 795 | Location: CA,,the promised land | Registered: 05 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you're looking for someone to hunt with try to get ahold of Bryan Martin with Canadian Mountain Outfitters.

Bryan is honest, hard working and will does you well.

MD

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Like Mark, I think the world of Bryan...

One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
I have not used Safari Outfitters services, but I know guys who have and these are people that are extremely experienced sheep hunters. Of all the reports I have read on the Hunting Report, they always seem to have great reports. My understanding is that they also have great relationships with the goverments of countries the book hunts into.... that always makes me feel good.

The altitude is something I have been told is tough for alot of guys going on this hunt. I live at 8000 ft and they hunt in the 12 to 15 thousand foot altitude. so depending on where you are in Ca. you may be doing a pretty good jump up in altitude from home, be careful to be in the best shape you can and learn about altitude sickness and how to avoid it and what to do if you get it. I have friends from central CA that have come to visit and we would drive up into the mountains, jeeping, slow and they would get sick at about 10,000 to 11,000.

Anyways, that my 2 cents worth

Posts: 564 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
Good luck on your hunt whatever route you go!

I am a large proponent of Snow Leopards and any big game hunts in that part of the world support Snow Leopard research. Wish I could offer more than "moral support." It should be the hunt of a lifetime!

IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have not used Safari Outfitters services, but I know guys who have and these are people that are extremely experienced sheep hunters. Of all the reports I have read on the Hunting Report, they always seem to have great reports. My understanding is that they also have great relationships with the goverments of countries the book hunts into.... that always makes me feel good.

Like Rob, I to know a few people who regularly use and are quite pleased with Safari Outfitters (and these are the kinds of people who can afford to use anybody they want). Safari Outfitters would be my choice.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sheephunter

We represent PROFI HUNT. They offer hunts in Tajikstan where the largest Marco Polo come from. In Oct. '03 they took a 68". An average trophy is 55"-56". The camps are clean, warm and comfortable with seperate sleeping, bathing and eating areas. This is not the norm on alot of these hunts. On this hunt you can also take mid-Asian ibex, Afgan urial and wolf.

The same outfit also hunts Kyrgyzstan. Here the Marco Polo are a little smaller at 51"-52" on average. Here though the success is 100%, Marco Polo are found at the lowest altitudes in Asia and a lot of hunting can be done by horseback. Ibex are also available on this hunt.

You can visit their website at http://www.profi-hunt.com If you'd like further info. contact us anytime.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13004 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote