New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saeed: have you hunted in the US?
 Login/Join

<rwj>
posted
Saeed: I think I recall some time back you said you spent some time in Texas. Were you able to hunt any of the fine deer they have down there? Were you able to get any other hunting accomplished while you were in the US?

Robert

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Robert,

I did shoot one pronghorn antelope and one nilgai.

Apart from that I shot lots of birds and clays.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 68614 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<JHook>
posted
Id like to get him here to shoot some of these.

<Gary Rihn>
posted
JHook-

Great pic! I imagine they started falling right after you took this?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
JHook,

I would love to come hunt these with you.

Where did you take that picture?

I used to go hunt geese with a friend called Larry Gore, he guided in a place called Katy I think, not far from Houston.

We used to have a great time.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

Posts: 68614 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
They still hunt a lot of geese in Katy, and as far as I know Larry Gore is still taking out hunters. But every year there is more and more housing development. Also now there is a huge mall right where people used to hunt geese.

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Muletrain,

If you come acress Larry, please give him my best regards.

We used to shoot trap and the same club - the Greater Houston Gun Club - and larry, like most of my friends there, used to make a lot of fun of the way I shoot!

I stand almost sideways, and put most of my weight on my front foot.

One day they even had a shoot with special rules!

One is NOT allowed to stand like a "deranged" crane!

I had a great time there, and met many wonderful people.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, was wondering why you hadn't made the trip to Alaska, then thought about it - it's half way around the world, cold, rainy, windy, and there is a lot more hunting than shooting for the investment of time and money compared to Africa.

BTW, just got an e-mail from a friend of mine who spent the last couple of days in Dubai with friends on her way to a climb on Everest. She was very impressed with the shopping malls, lack of crime and a particular Lebanese restaurant (on the riverfront, I think she said). Sounded like you live in a nice city.

Rob

Posts: 323 | Location: Anchorage, AK, USA | Registered: 15 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Rob,

I do not like the cold my friend.

Yes, Dubai is a wonderful place to live in.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

one of us
posted Hide Post
Then I guess I won't invite you to come up to hunt for the Alaska version of a Cape Buffalo, heh, heh.

Temperature got up to about -20F on this day. The duct tape is to protect against frostbiting my forehead between my goggles and hat - guess my eskimo guide thought it was special because he didn't remind me I had it on.
As you can see, not one bush in 100 miles for these guys to hide in. So they could hardly be dangerous game, even if they were so inclined.

Posts: 323 | Location: Anchorage, AK, USA | Registered: 15 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
nice muskox Rob

Posts: 562 | Location: Northern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<JHook>
posted
Saeed that pic is a frame from the waterfowl hunting video I sent you. Unfortunately we only killed one in that bunch cause we only needed one to fill out. I could have killed a few whacking them with my camcorder they were so low.

You always have a standing invitation to come stay with us and hunt geese. You'll have to contend with two Lap-dogs fighting to sit on your lap tho..............J

Administrator
posted Hide Post
JHook,

Thank you for sending the video. I have not got it yet, but I will let you know when I do.

I do not mind dogs at all. My wife wanted to have one, and we got a smooth fox terrier. When the dog arrived, my wife was away, so I had to look after here - we named her Dogmatix! In honor of Astrix dog.

Well, she has adopted me like her own father, and sticks to me wherever I go in the house. Whether it be the lab, workshop, living room or the swimming pool! She is so full of energy walter keeps asking if he can get just 1% of hers!

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, from reading your post, I bet you would really enjoy deer hunting in Dixie with dogs.

If you are ever back this way, I'll be glad to hook you up. Season runs 6days a week from mid Oct to the first of the year and the limit (joke) is 6.

------------------
boman

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
ncboman,

Thank you very much for the invitation. That is one more thing I have to look forward to when I do visit your country.

Talking of dogs, we have a smooth fox terrier whose name is Dogmatix. She loves to run in the garden, and quite often comes back with a dove or some other bird in her mouth.

She catches them as they feed among the bushes.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae