New
Find
Notify
Tools

KY Elk draw less than an hour
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
KY elk draw will be had at 1200 pm today. The draw can be watched on a live stream.
By Monday all drawn are to have the status posted on the KY FAndW account

Live stream WPRG at 1200 pm.

Posts: 12259 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope we get drawn!

Posts: 1280 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not, but have had my tag. Did you get drawn, Collin?

Posts: 12259 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zero draws for me, son and daughter. Maybe next yr.

Skip Nantz

Posts: 539 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
How many tags were available?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have read only 598 quota permits were available. Only 10 percent of the quota may go to nonresidents.

Past years have been 1000 permits total issued. I can not find confirmation of 598 aputa permits, but I know the Commissioner of FAndW proposed 598 quota permits. Ky for years published we had 10,000 elk. No one I know who spends time around them believes this. Maybe 8 years ago, but not in the near past.

There are a handful of pay for tags, and folks with 5k acres can get preference points for allowing access

I know 79,768 folks entered for the draw last year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butkis.

Posts: 1280 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Was at Congressional Sporting event yesterday at General Assembly in NC. Elk foundation was there. Do not understand why we do not have a season in NC but over 45 elk were killed by deprivation permits last year around Cherokee.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I applied for myself and my son .. we both struck out as expected.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote