THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    7x57 Hornady 139 grain SST Performance

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7x57 Hornady 139 grain SST Performance
 Login/Join

<Dogger>
posted
My son shot a fat doe on Saturday with my Ruger M77 chambered in 7x57. He was using Hornady's Light Magnum factory load. Range was about 30 yards. One shot dropped her in her tracks. The doe was walking towards him at a slight angle. She heard him flip off the safety and looked right at him. Bullet entered the chest and broke the right shoulder, decimated the lungs, and pierced the heart. Bullet did not exit. Didn't find the bullet. I was astonished at how it dropped her in her tracks. I am used to seeing deer run 50-100 yards after being hit by a 12 guage slug. This is the first time we have used a "popcorn" bullet. I must say the performance was impressive.

[ 12-01-2003, 20:08: Message edited by: Dogger ]

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Good on him!!!

the hornady's, in my experience, seldom exit with approaching 3000 fps velocities... you usually can find SOMETHING left, not like the nosler BTs...

jeffe

Posts: 39712 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote