Find
Notify
Tools

Unreal Year In Sonora!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted
This has been our best year ever! I never thought we would top the 194 avg of 2 yrs ago but we might just do it this year(196 so far). We still have hunters hunting but have killed from smallest to largest a 180, 183, 185, 190, 192, 193, 195, 195, 201, 205, 208, 210 and a 215. We have also taken a couple of mgmt bucks, they were both over 30" wide and over the age of 6 1/2. Neither had more than 3 pts on a side, we culled them as soon as we saw them. I will post pictures when its all said and done.

I also helped a good friend lease a ranch, it was a ranch that borders me and the owners are fantastic people and good friends. They strictly bowhunt and one of the guys killed 2 coues deer with his bow and they gross 129 NT and 119 typ. They should crack the top 5 in both catagories. If they grant me permission I will post pics later. Regardless, That has to be one of the greatest week long bowhunts in the history of bowhunting. Could not have happened to nicer guys.

I know of a number of deer killed this year that gross over 220", I just cant remember a year like this in my years of hunting down there.

Drummond

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Drummond I'm looking forward to the pictures!
I am a Mule Deer nut and can't wait to see those big bucks.
Looks like I may have to break down and plan a Mexico Mule deer hunt.
Dave

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
I will post pictures when its all said and done.

You can't make a post like that and then put off the pictures!!! Eeker

Congratulations on an excellent season.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey ole' man you were going to send me some photos' what happened jr

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Arkapigdiesel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
This has been our best year ever! I never thought we would top the 194 avg of 2 yrs ago but we might just do it this year(196 so far). We still have hunters hunting but have killed from smallest to largest a 180, 183, 185, 190, 192, 193, 195, 195, 201, 205, 208, 210 and a 215. We have also taken a couple of mgmt bucks, they were both over 30" wide and over the age of 6 1/2. Neither had more than 3 pts on a side, we culled them as soon as we saw them. I will post pictures when its all said and done.

I also helped a good friend lease a ranch, it was a ranch that borders me and the owners are fantastic people and good friends. They strictly bowhunt and one of the guys killed 2 coues deer with his bow and they gross 129 NT and 119 typ. They should crack the top 5 in both catagories. If they grant me permission I will post pics later. Regardless, That has to be one of the greatest week long bowhunts in the history of bowhunting. Could not have happened to nicer guys.

I know of a number of deer killed this year that gross over 220", I just cant remember a year like this in my years of hunting down there.

Drummond

Where in the heck are the pics bewildered

Posts: 91 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 07 January 2006Reply With Quote