New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jackson Canyon Fire?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm a former Casper resident and current owner of a home on Casper Mountain. This fire seems to be threatening the whole mountain as well as all the subdivisions on the southside of town. Are there any Casper residents out there with any current information?

JD

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MrHawg
posted Hide Post
I heard it has slowed a bit overnight, but it's supposed to get windy today, so things could get interesting. It's continuing to burn to the east, heading toward Hogadon.

I believe the Feds have taken over the fight, which means the entire mountain will probably burn.

For details, check out www.casperwy.gov/

Posts: 244 | Location: Margaritaville | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link. Having fought several wildfires in that area, I know what you mean about the Feds taking over. Casper Mt. Fire District does a great job, but this is too big for them.

JD

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
The smoke was bad yesterday, I have heard well over 10,000 ac. Feds have a type 1 team in there. I was involved with the fire up here in the hills a month ago, the feds really take over and a small city springs up over night.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It appears that the fire is about 50% contained. http://www.trib.com/
The Tribune has the best and freshest info on their Blazeblog.

JD

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
We have another one going, just south east of me, I think it will be called the Plum Creek fire. Big storms last night.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote