THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Who can Recommend a US Antelope Hunt?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Who can Recommend a US Antelope Hunt?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thanks for the suggestions. Some summer plans fell through, so I'm looking for a way to use a week vacation with some hunting and sightseeing. Antelope appeals, as we can have a good hunt for a few days and then go to other areas within a day's drive like the Black Hills, Cheyenne, etc.

My concern with a do-it yourself hunt is getting access to land that won't have pressure from a lot of other hunters. I've been on some BLM ground where there was a pick up truck behind each hill. I know there is some lightly hunted public land, but don't know how to find it in time for some state's application deadline. That's where an outfitter comes in.

Let me know if you have any other thoughts.

Thanks,

Posts: 121 | Location: Reading, PA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mark in SC
posted Hide Post
Holly and I had a great Antelope/Mule Deer hunt with Keith Atcheson in Montana last fall. Keith has exclusive leases on several great ranches and personally guides his clients. Here is a link to the thread about our hunt.

Contact Keith at Jack Atcheson & Sons Hunting Consultants in Butte, MT at 406-782-2382 or visit their website at www.atcheson.com

Posts: 692 | Location: South Carolina Lowcountry | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a great hunt with Bill at www.flyingboutfitters.com He and his crew work hard and we saw lots of antelope, I'd hunt with him again.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote