Notify
Tools

Best Stuff to Buy in Germany
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted
Let's limit this to "other than whores."

(I know. Many of you are depressed now.)

Russ

------------------
"Out here, 'due process' is a bullet!" -- John Wayne, "The Green Berets"

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beer,
RWS Brass,
More Beer,
Chocolate for those with a sweet tooth,
and even more beer.
Remember, you can have up to 70 lbs. in your suitcase if you fly on American lines. Only problem is that the best beer comes in bottles only.

Posts: 694 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA | Registered: 09 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mercedes and BMW's- the factories are in Stuttgart and Sindelfingen. Do you have shipping privileges?
For a little less money, the carved and hand painted nut crackers and smokers are very cool for gifts or decoration, and a lot of China tableware made in Yugoslavia, Austria, Poland, and Switzerland are available very cheap. But the best investments IMHO, are the great German Rieslings. I don't think I ever bought a bad bottle of it while I was there, and the prices were dirt cheap.- Sheister

Posts: 385 | Location: Hillsboro, Oregon | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sheister:
But the best investments IMHO, are the great German Rieslings. I don't think I ever bought a bad bottle of it while I was there, and the prices were dirt cheap.

Can't argue on the Reislings. I always come home with about a dozen bottles of wine. I bring them on the aircraft with me. This time, they'll probably give me ca-ca about smuggling "bad things" inside the bottles, or something. Good grief.

Russ

------------------

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
A Small Munsterlander Pointer puppy.

------------------
~Ann
Orion Trophy Expeditions

Posts: 19545 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Russ, if you really like german style wines and get tired of trying to get good ones here, you should try our excellent Oregon wines. I would put our Rieslings up against any of the German varieties, and we have excellent Pinot Noir's here- all for great American prices.
I spend several Saturday afternoons each year hitting the many wineries just a short drive from my home. - Sheister

Posts: 385 | Location: Hillsboro, Oregon | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
You spoiled everything.

I was gonna say "a blond" but you can't buy them. Only available for rentals as a short term contractural relationship.

------------------
Don't tread on me!
Pennsylvania Frank

Posts: 1974 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pa.Frank:
You spoiled everything.

People tell me this all the time.

------------------

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
In the first place you can't buy "Ladies of the night" you can only "rent" them.

------------------
NRA Life member

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russell E. Taylor:
Let's limit this to "other than whores."

No need for such limit, especially after Felicitas Weigmann's splendid success for sex workers' legal situation before the administrative court in Berlin.

Please email me concerning Rieslinge and other wines (ever tried Auxerrois ? or autochthonous Tauberschwarz ?). Maybe we cold decapitate a bottle or two.

Regards from Germany,
Carcano

carcano91@hotmail.com
carcano@web.de

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Best things to get while in Germany...

Ask: Hartmann & Weiss , Krieghoff , Ziegenhan,Merkel.... and ,oh-well, every now and then a Mercedes... just to get there.

S

Posts: 24 | Location: USA/Norway | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<hornblower>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Farm:
A Small Munsterlander Pointer puppy.

Hello , Ann !
Are you fond of small M�nsterl�nders ? My first dog was one , extremely watershy , extremely pigheaded , but a cute little thing anyway !

one of us
posted Hide Post
Try some Franken Wine from the area around Wurzburg on the Main River. Its an exceptionally dry white with a very interesting flavor. They have a wonderful wine tasting/dinner at the Rezidence in Wurzburg.
Try a Lachs Brotchen from a Schnell Imbiss, A Currywurst is also a small treat. If you get to any small country Gasthauses try some Keckbrot and/or Fettbrott with your beer...(Most people here would stick up their noses)
Go to any Metzgeri and check out some of the smoked sausages like Landjager or Smoked Bratwurst or Smoked Liverwurst...some bread from the local baker and a little wine and cheese and you are set!

Posts: 457 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Yes Hornblower, I saw an nine month old female that knocked my socks off tracking black bears, busting birds and yes, even swiming out in Lake Manitoba. Awesome dog.

------------------
~Ann
Orion Trophy Expeditions

Posts: 19545 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
How about a Hartmann & Weiss falling block rifle?

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bear Claw:
In the first place you can't buy "Ladies of the night" you can only "rent" them.

In the first place, they're whores, not ladies.

------------------

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fla3006:
How about a Hartmann & Weiss falling block rifle?

I love how you guys are spending MY money! I hope you'll all allow me to reciprocate sometime!

All "wine" posts will be printed and taken with me.

Carcano: Interesting name. I'm a student of the JFK assassination. Check your E-mail.

Russ

------------------

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russell E. Taylor:
Carcano: Interesting name. I'm a student of the JFK assassination. Check your E-mail.

No email here yet, alas :-(.

Regards,
C.
carcano91@hotmail.com
carcano@web.de

[This message has been edited by carcano91 (edited 03-13-2002).]

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carcano91:
No email here yet, alas :-(.

Regards,
C.
carcano91@hotmail.com
carcanoqweb.de

Wellllllllllllllllllllll, that's because "carcano@web.de" bounced.

Russ

------------------

one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh. I Am sorry. Mailbox at that account carcano@web.de was full (now a bit emptier). carcano91@hotmail.com still works.

Regards,
Carcano

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
A belive they make Porsches too, but personali I would like to buy Ruf CTR-2

[This message has been edited by Jiri (edited 03-14-2002).]

Posts: 2104 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
If you will be in Germany, buy Czech beer

Posts: 2104 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jiri:
If you will be in Germany, buy Czech beer

I usually do that when I visit Praha. Truly, the most beautiful city in Europe. Beats the ca-ca out of Paris, hands down. I've been there twice, and I'm sure I'll be back. Picked up a REAL nice chess set the last time I was there.

Russ

------------------

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am surprised that there are no suggestions for rifles from some of the german (or austrian) gunsmiths. What would be your choices for rifles?

Posts: 562 | Location: Northern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<MOA>
posted
HK USP high capacity mags, I'll buy them from ya when you get back. 45 of course

<Jagermeister>
posted
Rockhead,

anything from Ferlach: Hofer, Fanzoj, etc. Best guns in the world.