Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico Info needed -Alamo Area
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted
Want to find Rancher near Alamo to rent mules for a week + trip into mountains , will need trailer to haul mules plus [feed,water] for them , Phone # & addresses please, Thanks Concho

Don't take the chip !

Posts: 578 | Location: PA | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what unit are you hunting?........wapiti7

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
Sorry I don't understand Unit Question ? Datil area is where I am going .

Don't take the chip !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are elk hunting, you will be in a specific unit. I was just wondering what unit you were hunting.....wapiti7

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
Lets try one more time I need mules for a trip into the mountains between Alamo & Datil need to find a rancher to rent 2 mules 1 trailer and food + water for the animals ! What I am hunting has nothing to do with renting the mules or trailer !

Don't take the chip !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck.......................

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
Same Question ! need to locate Rancher who will rent 2 mules & trailer & food for a trip into mountains between Alamo and Detail !

Don't take the chip !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sir,
I'm not sure how dense you really are, but "Good Luck" means I'm not interested in helping you anymore!

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
Dence ! well you watch the New Mwxico papers and you will see me make history ! and as far as your help so far there has been none !

Don't take the chip !

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
My Mysteak ! New Mexico ,[Mispelled] don't want to affend anyone in their home land state ! My being so dence that I can't respond to a person who was only trying to help with questions that had nothing to do with my request ! Rancher with Mules and trailer has nothing to do with What unit I am hunting in ! I am not Game Hunter !

Don't take the chip !

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
please New Mexico Residences ! I need to contact a rancher to rent 2 mules and a trailer between Datil and Alamo , Need Phone # and addresses . Thank you concho

Don't take the chip !

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Sorry; I know a lot of ranchers, but I don't know a single one who owns, let alone, rents mules. I heard that Ted Turner kept at least one on his Ladder ranch; maybe you could contact him?

Good luck,

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
Thank You ! I really want Mules & not horses as I don't have a good rapore with horses from a childhood incident !

Don't take the chip !

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
I see ranches on the Navajo Indian Reservation ,North end does anyone know if they might have mules ,Trailer ,feed ,Water for my trip ?

Don't take the chip !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, but they will rent you some sheep!

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, but they will rent you some sheep!

HaHaHaHaHa Thanks I needed That !

Don't take the chip !

One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
We don't rent pigs.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
Well I guess I will have to get horses ! any horses between Datil and Alamo ?

Don't take the chip !

one of us
posted Hide Post
Concho42: I think you are looking for an outfitter. It also appears you need one for a non hunting type of venture into the wilderness. I know of one outfitter out of Catron County that I ran into when I was a newspaper reporter in Grants, New Mexico. He operates out of Quemado. His name is Kerry Sebring and his outfit's name is Highlonesome Outfitters. His office telephone number is 505-773-4787. His listed cell telephone number is 505-430-1474. You might also contact the Socorro County Sheriff's Department and ask for the undersheriff there. I think his name is Lesman Torres, telephone 505-835-0941. The Alamo Navajo Indian Reservation is in the northwest corner of Socorro County. Ask him if he knows any outfitters you might be able to hire and explain that this is not for a trip during the hunting season. Another lead is the Catron County Sheriff's Department at 505-533-6222. The undersheriff there is Ian Fletcher. When talking to any of these folks you would be well served to explain exactly what you need and why you need it. Let them know right off the bat the trip is not for hunting. That should ease up some of the pressure because all outfitters are tied up during hunting season and will not be able to help you. After hunting season, though, is another story. Another possible link might be through the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. It owns a huge ranch in the area between Datil and Magdelena. It has horses and the like and someone there who might be able to help you. That is a pretty area. I did a lot of traveling along Highway 60 in the area. The Very Large Array (radio telescopes looking like huge satelite television sites) are in the area as are a boatload of antelope along the Plains of San Augustin. Part of the movie "Contact" was filmed there. Good luck ... Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
Tkank you Tom , I have made contact with both sherrifs and they were very informative !

Don't take the chip !