New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mule Deer hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ok, don't laugh. I need a recommendation on a possible hunt in 06.

Bullsprig

Rose lipped maidens--light foot lads!!!

Posts: 448 | Location: Okie City | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm not sure exactly where you want to go and what you want to spend, but in my opinion one of the better mule deer areas out there is Alberta. I would check out Mike Ukrainitz although he's probably booked for 2006.
www.mikesoutfitting.com

Posts: 94 | Location: East Kootenays | Registered: 13 October 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I think you should consider this outfit. http://wildcountryoutfitters.com/ I've hunted with them for deer, elk and antelope. Quality of game is word class. This 250,000 acre ranch has produced a number of 200" deer in recent years. The outfitter is as honest as they come. The hunts are not cheap--but just seeing the wildlife on the ranch is worth the price of admission. Tell Tommy that Tom sent you.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bullsprig:
Ok, don't laugh. I need a recommendation on a possible hunt in 06.

Bullsprig

You don't say what kind of mule deer hunt you are interested in. Do you want a high country horseback hunt or one done from a 4WD? There are a host of them out there. The drawing application date for some states is past now.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get in touch with drummondlindsey who posts here on AR and he can steer you in the right direction for some great mule deer.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ttt

Rose lipped maidens--light foot lads!!!

Posts: 448 | Location: Okie City | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you should try a do-it-yourself backpack early hunt in colorado high country. Tough, but backpacking will get you away from the road and the majority of other hunters. I am in-training right now myself.

Posts: 175 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote