THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Videos, books, computer in deer stand?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Videos, books, computer in deer stand?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Headed to Canada to freeze my arse off waiting for some nice buck. Method there is outfitter drops you off before light and picks you up after dark. The rest of the time you just sit in the stand.

What do some of you guys take to your stands to while away the down time?

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
books and or magazines

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Playboy and Kleenex?

hilbily

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16654 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
I take my I Touch that has a games loaded on it, books and my Blackberry. Do a lot of text messaging back and forth with my buddies about what we have seen. Often give running commentary to each other when someone sees a good one.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GA DEER HUNTER
posted Hide Post
quote:
Playboy and Kleenex?

What do you do for the other 11 hours and 55 minutes?

Posts: 392 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JabaliHunter
posted Hide Post
Binoculars, food, hot drink.
Sketchpad and pencil.
Maybe Times crossword or sudoku, but not usually.

Posts: 712 | Location: England | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Batteries will run dead after a short time in the Canadian winter. It is not like Texas winter. Big Grin

Posts: 761 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn Skippy, you forgot your rifle and bino's. No matter, I've got the hottest, new game boy.

Considering at any moment the animal of a lifetime can appear, I kinda like to keep my mind on what I'm there for. Playing games and reading books is what you do at home when you're not cleaning rifles and loading ammo.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lde:.

What do some of you guys take to your stands to while away the down time?

I snooze a little, not the best way to pass the time but works for me...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14625 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't like to take anything to the stand because it interferes with my nap.

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote