THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Survey :Favorite Wild Game To Eat.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Survey :Favorite Wild Game To Eat.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone tried eland? You may change your mind.

Posts: 620 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
The one that's on my plate, usually.

The BEST I've ever had was antelope backstrap. Second was moose. The worst was some old sage brush mulie, but alfalfa fed mulie is quite good. Excellent, actually. FWIW, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted Hide Post
thought y'all might appreciate this

one of us
Picture of T
posted Hide Post
Number 1 is Eland

Posts: 292 | Location: Tx | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Antelope
Elk
Caribou
Moose
Oryx (Gemsbok)
Whitetail
Mule Deer

Posts: 226 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 10 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We eat wild game almost exclusively at my house. Mostly we eat Whitetail and Buffalo. My wife prefers the buffalo over whitetail. Quail, pheasant, and wild turkey are some fine eating in there own right. Not to mention Bass, Pan fish, trout and catfish.

We might buy a couple chicken each year but otherwise we eat what we shoot or catch.

Posts: 513 | Location: MO | Registered: 14 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted Hide Post
come on guys, think about it, all five

Whitetail deer
Mule deer
Elk
Caribou
Moose

are in the deer family "Cervidea"
If you had one of each eating the same food in the same field they would all taste the same. After they were butchered you wouldn't be able to pick out the meat from one to the other.

Like all things, it's what they eat the decides the flavor of the meat.

At this point I could make a statement of what a VC dink smells like compared to an American grunt.
it's all in the diet....