THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Florida Charges Volunteer Hunters To Participate in Python annual challenge
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida Charges Volunteer Hunters To Participate in Python annual challenge
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Starting to sound like England and some parts of Europe.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why can't they be poisoned out of existence like wolves were long ago? 1040 I believe it was.

Disclaimer: I don't know jack about the hog problem in TX or anywhere else.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Starting to sound like England and some parts of Europe.

Sad to say, but yes it is.

With the direction modern day Americans and the growing negative attitudes toward firearms and hunting are headed, Estate hunting may be all that is available another decade or so down the road.

I do not like the situation better than anyone else. I understand it, I understand the situation from the side of the landowner and the Game & Fish departments. I also understand the side of the hunter/fisherman, especially those folks like me that are in their 50's-60's and older that can remember what it was like to be able to find places to hunt and fish for free.

The reason I started guiding and went to work for a long time friend was in a large part so I would have places to hunt and fish. Were it not for that I would be able to do some fishing, but as far as hunting I might be able to do one doe hunt a year.

I just have a hard time laying blame at the feet of the landowner's and Game & Fish departments, when so many of our fellow hunters/fishermen are quick to pull out their wallets and pay for access to the resource.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norton:
Why can't they be poisoned out of existence like wolves were long ago? 1040 I believe it was.

Disclaimer: I don't know jack about the hog problem in TX or anywhere else.

I don't know about the wolves but I understand that 1040 will kill a hell of a lot of things other than what was intended. Ask the kiwis about 1040. I am told they had a not so pleasant experience .

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
39 pythons dead so far

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
39 pythons dead so far

Looks like a good start.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1635 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buffybr:
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
39 pythons dead so far

Looks like a good start.

+1

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/ne...-20160125-story.html

They are up to 61 I am told. This one in the article is just over 16' long.

I have spent a lot of time in the woods and swamps in central FL. I have never seen one or sign of one.