New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Range Finder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I got the windriver binoculars with a range finder built in before I went Deer hunting this year. They worked very well. Knowing how far your target really is can be very comforting. After using it a few times I found that my ability to judge distance with the naked eye had improved.
The optics are not quite as good as my usual binoculars, but my usuals are leica's so I didn't expect these to be as good. The nice thing about these is that you don't have to carry a range finder and a pair of binoculars. Try them, you'll like them.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife does listen to my mumblings! Had a birthday the other day a my wife presented me with a Bushnell 800 Rangefinder. I think she got it at Bob Wards in Bozeman for a pretty good price on sale = $134.00?.

So yesterday she and I took a road trip around Montana and four wheeled into the mountains. In testing this unit I was greatly impressed - deer at over 400 yds were no problem - antelope at 330 easily measured - a black angus cow across a canyon measured out at 660 yds - I probably lasered two dozen animals - without any problems - even during the fading light of evening the animals were easy enough to center in the little square box of the view finder - several deer crossing the Jefferson river were easily zapped at over 400 yds. Amazing at how close and how far off we were at estimating their ranges before using the rangefinder - the advertising on the Bushnell box indicates deer out to 200 yds - it is much better than that - if I wasn't pleased with the performance I would have taken it back and paid the difference for a Nikon - but it is a keeper.

Posts: 363 | Location: Madison Alabama | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote