Find
Notify
Tools

boots
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted
I got a coupon from Cabela's & it expires on 11/10. I'm thinking of getting a new pair of boots. I'm thinking of either the Meindl "perfekt" hunters or the Outfitter Serious Pro hunting boot from Cabela's. According to them it's their best selling boot. Both will have thinsulate insulation & gore-tex liners. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with either. Plus how the sizes run? My feet are 11 1/2 but sometimes the Chinese think they are 12's. CB

Posts: 600 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
I have the Meindls and have been very happy so far (three week-long hunts to their credit). Sizing seems very comparable to US shoe brands. I tried them on in the store and ended up with my "normal" size.

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also have the Meindls. Used them on several tough elk hunts. Great boots. I use the perfekt hikers; lower and lighter.

Posts: 54 | Location: San Francisco Peninsula | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Meindl's, a good choice.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not familiar with them, I will say this though, I will never again complain about spending extra money to get a quality pair of hunting boots.

Posts: 168 | Location: People's Republic of New Jersey | Registered: 03 May 2005Reply With Quote