Tools

Buck
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
That's a very unique and big-bodied brute. How about some details?

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9383 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bobby, I know nothing. My son sent the pix to me, and I asked him the same question. He knows nothing other than a guy in Wisconsin shot it.
Interesting Buck for sure.
Thought the guys here might like seeing a Calico Buck.. Big Grin

one of us
Picture of cwilson
posted Hide Post
That is a uniquely beautiful deer. I think I would have to full-body mount that one.

cwilson

A well requlated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed - 2nd Amendment U.S. Constitution

Posts: 715 | Location: Boswell, PA, USA | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The email I got with the photo said Wisconsin also and that Cabelas paid him $13,000 for it.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
That's probably the biggest pie-bald deer I've ever seen. Not sure if I would be able to part with him for $13,000. I'd tell them to go higher, reserve not yet met.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
On a side comment, how does Cabela's find these guys so quick? Seems like they have scouts looking for every weird, unique, or world record deer shot.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Way cool, and I agee with Sevens, 13 k isn't enough. Full body mount for sure!

Oh, and Sevens, it's the internet bro, the internet---Cabela's gets over 20,00 e-mails a day, not counting their orders!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
GREAT animal. $13K is definitely not enough...but it would be tough to say "no" when a guy shows up at your door with an envelope full of $100 bills.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is an incredible color on that buck.

I would take the $13,000 for the cape, but keep the antlers. I can't afford a lifesize mount.

Posts: 783 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote