New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: comments and opinions wanted
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Regardless of whether the weapon of choice is too small or too large, I dislike the idea and usually the folks that stick stuff into animals "just to see if it'd work".
The additional humiliation of sticking a pop can in the resulting carnage and referring to the animal as a "coaster" is disgusting.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
was wondering what you all might think about this.

for what its worth, i know the original poster pretty well. he would never have intentionally tried to put a bad face on hunting.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 8MM OR MORE
posted Hide Post
I have yet to see the rifle or device that deposits the game animal, bled, gutted, cut, wrapped, and flash frozen, into the freezer when you pull the trigger. That includes the meat packing facilities. Till that is invented, I guess we will have to put up with a quick death as acceptable.

Ive seen a lot worse looking taken with a lot less rifle, FWIW.

Probably not the pix to pull out as you sit down for dinner, although a pix of a slaughterhouse would be much worse.

Posts: 1944 | Location: Moses Lake, WA | Registered: 06 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Poor taste. If you must do it, do it, but don't display it.

Posts: 34 | Location: Miles City, Montana | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
So, uhhh, did the bullet fail?

one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
I'm not offended... In fact I find it interesting. Why not a BMG???

There was less meat wasted there than by the much touted shoulder shot.

I bet she didn't crawl off to suffer either...

Kind of a big coaster for my Diet Coke and a bit messy. I imagine my wife wouldn't let me bring it in the house...

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess the "taste" issue is a matter of personal opinion, so I won't go there. The first thing that occurred to me though, was, what was beyond the deer? The bullet probably didn't even slow down much hitting a deer at 80yds.

DGK

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought it was interesting but not much of a challenge. But then I have never tried shooting a 50BMG anything! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote