Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting Mule Deer
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted

This booth was at SCI Reno. The guy had 5-6 mule deer mounts for sale. They all had identical racks on them. Can you say "reproductions?" < !--color-->

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That deer is the "Buck of Justice". One of the more famous mule deer which never died by a hunter's bullet. Those are shed repros. The buck's sheds were found for 5 years in the 1990s, the last set was found near the buck's skeleton. The deer lived his days in Southern Utah and was relentlessly pursued by foot, horse, chute plane, and helicopter. I don't know of anyone that has a live picture of him. A true slug.

Very poor mount though.

Posts: 99 | Location: USA | Registered: 27 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if the buck in the background is a repro of
Popeye? It looks likes all the pictures I have seen of him.

Posts: 141 | Location: Upstate, New York | Registered: 05 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dont think that Popeye was that heavy and I think he had more trash. If I knew which booth that was I could probably get you the specifics on the deer in the background.

Drummond

posted Hide Post
All the bucks in that booth were rerpos.I belive that booth was Johnsons extreme outfitters.
Roger

Posts: 16 | Location: Central California | Registered: 29 January 2004Reply With Quote