Find
Notify
Tools

Axis Doe Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
Hey guys.....do any of you know a place where my dad and I can do a relatively cheap Axis doe hunt? We would like to shoot 2-3 Axis does within the next month or two so we can make some sausage this spring. Seems like most places are minimum $150/day/person + $250 per Axis doe. Would like to stay around $500 total for a couple days of hunting and a few does. Thanks in advance.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post
This guy has a 3 day package for 550 that includes two axis does and two feral hogs.

http://www.geocities.com/nooneypawpaw/

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eland Slayer:
so we can make some sausage this spring.

Axis must be the best venison around, are you sure you want to do sausages with them ?? bewildered

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
ES,

I am working on scheduling another Axis doe freezer filler hunt for right after deer season. Keep checking the Posse. I will make sure it is at or below that price.

Good Hunting,

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
After deer season is probably your best bet. If the leads here do not pan out you can try on the Hunting Board at www.2coolfishing.com. There are a couple of people who post there that have Axis hunts.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Axis must be the best venison around, are you sure you want to do sausages with them ??

I'll second that! The first time I ate Axis steaks, I told my wife I would forego beef if I could eat that all the time and I can't abide mulies.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote