New
Find
Notify
Tools

Norma jaktmatch for hunting
 Login/Join

<Mads>
posted
Have you use the jaktmacth for hunting of birds (skogsf�gel)or fox etc?

I was planning to use some in my 300 win mag for skogsf�gel, but was qurios have it was working?

Regards

Mads

<Kimmo E>
posted
Yes i have in 222r,6,5*55 and 308w and they all had accepable accuracy for up to 200m.

mvh Kimmo

<PCH>
posted
I have used it quite a bit in .308 WIN. It works just fine for capercaillie and black grouse as any other fmj would. However I would be a bit concerned about shooting grouse with 300 mag as the high speed might cause some serious meat destruction. But if you shot at longer ranges were the bullet travels at 308 win velocities there wouldn't be any problems I think.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hola Mads , here in Spain we don't shoot birds with rifles , as I saw in the Norma catalog you shot birds on top of a three , in this circumstance I'm more worried where the bullet ends as a FMJ pass the bird and could be a dangerous lost bullet , also I use FMJ surplus and they easy to tumble producing large wounds , to reduce a minimum the meat damage you need a FMJ RN bullet at no more than 2500 fps.

Saludos

Daniel

Posts: 332 | Location: Cantabria Spain | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<K9>
posted
Except for the magnum calibers I've used all of the calibers that Norma offers at one time or another (never seem to be able to hold on to a gun for any longer period... [Wink] ). Mostly used them for practice but have used a few in 222, 6,5, 30-06, 9,3x57 and 9,3x62 on "game". They usually shoot good enough and the effect on "skogsf�gel"(capercallies), hare, foxes and jays (!) have been good with enough left to eat where appropriate.... [Big Grin]
Cheers
K9

<PCH>
posted
Daniel,
No need to worry about where a bullet might end up. The chance that a bullet might hit something is very slim. Not many people live up here in our woods. I'm more worried about being hit by a fellow moose hunter than by a grouse hunter. And the statistics prove that too.

<Kimmo E>
posted
I have only heard about two accident with this kind of hunting in sweden. One was a father who shot his son in his head, the distance was only 1-2m. One other was a man on skies who intended to shoot a bird but he slipped forward into a bush and fell, the barrel was under his skin then he accidendly pullet his trigger.(it was only 500m from my hunting areas.)

Kimmo