THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Shipping Taxidermy mount-Canada to U.S. who?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping Taxidermy mount-Canada to U.S. who?
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted
My buddy had an Ontario (Canada) taxidermist complete a moose and caribou mount for him from his hunting last year.

He now wants the item shipped to Arizona- his home location.

Which service should he use to keep shipping costs low? UPS, FEDEX, Canada Post, Yellow Freight , other???

The taxidermist usually just hands it off to a broker and has no knowledge on how it is usually shipped- but at a cost of $600-700USD each (per the taxidermist), my buddy is looking for a cheaper alternative.

Any suggestions?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by CanadianLefty:
$600-700USD each (per the taxidermist), my buddy is looking for a cheaper alternative.

COULD BE WORSE....I just got a quote for a shipment from The Yukon to Cairo. OUCH !

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it might take awhile but living in arizona with the retirees that travel south in the winter and north in the summer, you might just find some traveling people to bring it back.

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote