Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Catching newborn fawns
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted
Don't know what the original question was but I farm deer and always try to catch the newly born fawns before they are up and running, instead of hiding. Say a couple of days.

I tag them at this age if possible and the does haven't rejected any to date.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What state are you in? Deer farming (or at least at the level where the "owner" can legally catch them and tag or do whatever to them) is a doomed business due to CWD. I'm sure your deer are clean though. But when CWD shows up in your state it won't be your fault, I'm sure. Your type of business makes me sick.

Posts: 96 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 28 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HiWall
posted Hide Post
Quote:

What state are you in? Deer farming (or at least at the level where the "owner" can legally catch them and tag or do whatever to them) is a doomed business due to CWD. I'm sure your deer are clean though. But when CWD shows up in your state it won't be your fault, I'm sure. Your type of business makes me sick.

NitroX is from a different country mate. Our deer our healthy, no CWD in Australia, deer 'ranch' or cattle 'ranch' - what's the difference? Deer farming is not necessarily about hunting behind fences, maybe you should find out the facts before you make statements like that.

Posts: 323 | Location: Back Home in Aus. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
43Deer

If you click on Nitro's name, you'll find his profile (he's filled his out, unlike some ). And you'll see he comes from Australia. Before you attack someone, do a bit of research

Posts: 7979 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I have seen some "foot in mouth disease" now and then on these forums!

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good one Ann.
Frank

And I agree that more info should be filled out by some in the profiles.

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the answer is-
do you put your morals on someone else??
do you put your way of life on someone else??
some people raise BOVINES to eat!
some people raise EQUINES to eat!
etc!!!!
some people don't eat the meat of any animal!
then you have the argument of it is a living thing!!
grass lives! but you cut or kill it!

the customs of each country is different!!

that is why there are set rules, laws, regulations etc

so somewhere out there someone(s) said it is ok the raise this animal to be slaughtered-
it is up to the morals of the person who raises the animal within acceptable 'reason' on what happens with the animal

we raise old bessie- pet her, feed her then shoot her in the head!!!

Posts: 39 | Location: In the middle of it all | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I overlooked the part about being in a different country. My fault. I wasn't slamming hunting behind fences either.

Posts: 96 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 28 January 2004Reply With Quote