THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    How far in advanced have you booked a hunt?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How far in advanced have you booked a hunt?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just wondering what is the fartherst in advanced you have booked a hunt.
So far I am booked up with hunts through Octboer 2012, and am always looking ahead. My wife thinks I am nuts, but is a very good sport about it.
So, what is the fartherst you have booked a hunt?
Good hunting everyone and be safe,
W.SmilerSmiler

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with planning ahead.....

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Similar time frame. 2 years out or so.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One year.

Oxon

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
For something I have never hunted, 18 months.

For stuff I have hunted previously 8 to 12 months, depending on the species.

For me this includes D-I-Y hunts, I like making as sure as possible that I have everything, including contingency plans worked out.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of oakman
posted Hide Post
12 to 15 months is good....Good luck.... patriot

life member of SCI
life member of NRA
NTA
Master Scorer SCI
Scorer for Rowland Ward

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

Posts: 241 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 01 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I booked in the spring and not went until a year later in the fall. I have a friend who booked a Dall Sheep hunt two years out, and is finally going this coming fall. Put down the deposit and make payments, it works for me. But last minute trips can be bargains to.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
25 months. Wish I could have booked my plane fare that far in advance, too. I would have saved a fistful of $$$.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I think the farther out you can do it, it is great. More time for planning. Like you, I have an Oct 2012 AK moose hunt scheduled with Marabou Slasher from here on AR. I have Mozambique, AK Brown Bear and a few other things planned for 2011. I get antsy when it is under 6-8 months on a lot of hunts...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just booked yesterday for Oct.2011.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Im cheap,I look for cancellation Hunts.Saved 65% on a Bear Hunt because I could leave in 2 days.Its like found money.So I would suggest to everyone to book as far down the road as possible.That way when you cancell I can apply your down payment to my hunt!!!! dancing

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote