New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opening weekend in Wisconsin
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
0, nada,nothing!!!!Looks like tag soup this year.At least the Pack won Sunday!!! faint

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The weather down here was terrible: freezing rain early Sat morning, fog all day Saturday and then the rain started Sunday at about 9:00. Our group of four shot a button buck and a spike (at least we got some meat!) but two of us didn't see any deer at all. Probably the worst opening weekend since I started hunting this farm twenty years ago.
We'll get back out this weekend and try again.

Posts: 571 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
It was foggy all day with drizzle on Saturday and more drizzle on Sunday.

I only hope it quits raining until deer season is over in December.

Good luck

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
A good friend of mine also reported that she got skunked last weekend up there in the cheese state. She said that she didn't go out today because of the weather but was hoping to get out tomorrow.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
Same here. Nothing, nada, zilch. I went out Saturday and Sunday and didn't see a deer. Most of the shooters were youths killing does

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1090 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote