Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado 3rd season snow storm
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Vemo
posted
It looks like we will be shoveling alot of snow to get to our camp in unit 7 this year. 18" in the last 24 hours, the forecast looks like steady snow fall until early friday morning. Friday wind gusts will be 40mph + as the front passes. The opener Saturday morning should be fun if I can get in there. Sunny and warm the rest of the week.

JOIN SCI!

Posts: 318 | Location: 40N,105W | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
been suffering thru the MUD of the eastern plains this last week.
the bottomless mud,sticky gluttonous,chained
up all 4,can't keep your windows clean to see
mud.
snowed 3" last night and its gonna get sunny
for a week,wonder if its gonna be muddy?????
put a 197" mulie in the salt thou so i guess
i shouldn't bitch.
but Damn i hate the mud.

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Ravenr I know exactly the kind of mud you are talking about.
Hey I need to see a picture of that 197" buck!

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
snellstrom,
won't get close to my personal computer till thanksgiving,hope you can wait till then.
one of the hunters let me check in on his.
nice work on the speedgoats by the way!
smacked a 380 bull also,will add that photo too

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the compliments on the Goats.
We leave tomorrow to start our deer season and the weather is nearly perfect for it! Its gonna be chains on all fours and shovels too. Wind has been terrible here for a few days.
Can't wait to see that Buck and Bull picture, good luck on the rest of the hunt.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vemo
posted Hide Post
My partner is bailing on me this season. Says he is too old to put up with weather like this.
Left me in a lurch for sure but I can't say I blame him . He has bad knees and 70% lung capacity due to scar tissue in the lungs from a real bad auto accident years ago.
We have hunted 10 seasons together and it won't be the same without him. Makes me thankful for good health, haven't missed a season since 1987.

JOIN SCI!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
well good luck on your hunt and hunt safe.
the conditions are brutal where i am
and best of health to your partner.
snellstrom, what tag you got?

One of Us
Picture of Vemo
posted Hide Post
I have a unit 7 bull tag, also good in units 8,9 and 191. Basically 50 miles south of Laramie on the east side of the Rawah range divide. Not a trophy area but good hunting and lots of fun!
Where are you at?

JOIN SCI!

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
We didn't draw anything special as a matter of fact we didn't even draw our Deer tags I bought them as Landowner Vouchers just so we could hunt deer its getting tough to draw tags. We are in Colorado's units 50,500,501. Not known for huge deer until a couple years ago a kid killed the biggest buck killed in Colorado in the last 50 years or something from these units. One big buck doesn't make the whole unit a trophy hunt though!
4th season we have either sex elk tags for unit 44 (Eagle), that is a meat hunt but is a nice hunt just to see the big bucks we won't have a tag for that are in that unit in the late season.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
snellstrom
made it home for a few days,had to take the computer in for a hard drive overhaul.
(wife sayz too many hunting pics) is there
such a thing as too many?
anyway here are some of the ones i was involved with,enjoy

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Very nice animals ravenr, very nice!
You guys did well.