THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    The Blaser Chronicals: 300 Mag at Extended Range

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Blaser Chronicals: 300 Mag at Extended Range
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I shot the Blaser R 93 with the 300 Win Mag Magna-Port yesterday. The wind was blowing pretty good as I had to use from 2 Minutes to 4 minutes of right windage.
Two loads were tested. Rem 180 Ballistic Tips, and Federal 200 gr Trophy Bonded Bearclaws. I knew that the 200's shot about 1 minute lower at 300 yards than the 180's and this proved the case today, increasing to 1.5 minutes at the longer range.
I was able to hit a 9" steel plate at 415 yards with both loads.
Also at 535 yards both loads hit a 24" steel plate.
Tje scope has a ballistic cam and the 180's needed a minute down at each range, the 200,s were about dead on.
The last shot I fired with this rifle hit a coke can at 405 yards.
I think it is ready for the elk hunt.
My friend also shot his 375 CZ at 400 yards, with 260 Federal Accubonds.
Once he figured out how high to hold he hit a 2' by 1' piece of steel at 415 yards.

We also shot some 308 Accuracy International 308 rifles with 20" bbls and some tricked out AR15 type rifles with 20" bbls.
The 308 hit everything without problem. The 223.s had a hard time with the wind at 535 but did good at the 415 yard targets. All 3 of the 223 rifles managed to hit a coke can at 405 yards, one guy even hit it two times in a row.

I do not like to shoot at game animals that far away, but long range plinking is fun.And it is nice to know where your rifle shoots at longer range, just in case.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I HAVE SHOT A MULE DEER AT 415 YRDS IN MONTANA. tHIS WAS MY LONGEST SHOT TO DATE. WITH MY R93 I AM NOT AFRAID TO SHOOT THIS FAR . I USE 180 GR
SWIFT BULLETS. I SHOOT A .300 WBY .

Posts: 1461 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
blaser93
Good shooting. thumb

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote