THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Alaska/Yukon Moose Hunt Cancellation!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alaska/Yukon Moose Hunt Cancellation!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have just been informed of a super moose and caribou combo hunt available due to a cancellation in Western Alaska with long time outfitter and guide Bob Adams.
This hunt takes place in just 2 weeks so it's time to crack on this one.
Date is August 31 - Sept. 9 2002. Normal price is $11000 for 1+1 basis. Adams will take $7500 for this hunt. There is only one opening. You would fly to Anchorage on the 29th or 30th and overnight then fly to Aniak , Ak. on am of the 31st by commercial flight. Then you are met in Aniak by Adams or his REP. and you fly by charter to his base camp. Cost is approx. $300 r.t.
Buy your licenses for a total of $810 in camp from Bob then it's off to a spike camp to hunt Big Bulls. Adams tells me right now he has 4 bulls
in one group, three of which are 65 - 70+ inch!!!
Better be in decent shape for this one as it is all airplane and walking hunts. I hunted here in 99 with Bob and took a 68" B&C bull and saw other in the same class. Adams area's are REMOTE and the man that can shoot, walk and be strong mentally should do well. Questions: Keith Atcheson
406-782-2382

Posts: 373 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW!

Somebody better jump on this to keep the cash in my pocket! I've seen outfitters that charge more than this for just moose and don't offer this trophy quality!
A bit rich for me at the moment but thanks for posting the notice Keith!

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
<Mike Dettorre>
posted
I have hunted with Bob Adams before and I can and he runs a first rate outfit.

His main camp is functional, comfortable, so may think rustic but realize you are about 70 miles from nowhere.

The huntin I did was from a classic fly camp and it is a real wilderness and experience and I loved it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Going.....going......gone. I sold it

Posts: 373 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote