Notify
Tools

Re: CHARGES FILES AGAINST VANG
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The actual criminal complaint...
http://www.doj.state.wi.us/news/COMPLAINT.pdf

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
It's good to read the actual complaint instead of hearing all of the BS from the media.

Sad, Sad deal.

May God be w/ the Families.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If the jury finds him guilty, life in prison is not justice enough for this guy. I hate the thought of my tax dollar nourishing somebody like that while they study law for thier own benefit behind bars

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
Yea, there should be some sort of labor thing where the inmate has to work to pay for keeping him/her in jail..

Posts: 1282 | Location: here | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I think every morning they ought to beat him w/ a horse whip, throw salt on the wounds, and then put him in the fields to plow all day. That should pay for his stay at the local pen.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In the first half of the century in many prisons inmates worked and produced items that could be sold on the regular market. On paper, at least, the money this enterprise made was then used to maintain the prison facilities. In reality, a lot of this money ended up in the pockets of prison officials.

The practice was halted after the trade unions complained bitterly that products created with inmate labor was much cheaper than those produced by their union-backed factories. (don�t forget, the inmates did not get paid) The unions felt that this created unfair competition which would hurt local businesses and drive down wages. I even believe there were some US Supreme Court cases related to this issue. The result was that the practice was discontinued. In a lot of states inmates are even prohibited from growing their own food, as this would impact the sales and livelihood of local farmers who depend on the sale of their produce to the prisons.

Some states still use prison labor for items used by the government only, such as creating license plates. Thanks to the efforts of the unions, inmates now have the 'luxury' of idleness during their incarceration.

There is a huge trade deficit. It is a shame that we can import cheap products from foreign countries, which also indirectly effects local business, but we cannot find a way to make prison labor advantageous and profitable to the state.

one of us
Picture of Papershredder
posted Hide Post

"I think that watching them drag a crying felon up the steps, putting the hood over his head all the time he is crying for forgiveness, then tripping the lever so he takes that short drop, the kicking his last as he dances to the tune of the rope."

You bring a tear to my eye Lawdog. How about moving to Alberta and being our next Prime Minister?

Posts: 157 | Location: Alberta,Canada | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The authorities are also investigating a possible relationship for Vang with another shooting several years ago in the same area. He and his vehicle match the descriptions of a "person of interest" for that unsolved shooting during deer season. Vang has also previously been fined for tresspassing while hunting, possessing fish greatly on excess of the limit and was the subject of a police complaint for threatening his wife with a gun, but she refused to press charges.

There are cultural missmatches with the Hmong community here in Wisconsin which lead to a variety of altercations over hunting and fishing rules and regulations. The Hmong are traditionally a hunting culture but are slow to catch onto the concepts of hunting seasons, bag limits, protected species and property rights. These weren't part of their culture in Laos and S. China. This case is way out on one end of the spectrum and is unique, so far as I know, in the use of violence by Vang. The Hmong are also outraged by this incident.

Paul

Posts: 77 | Location: Pulaski, WI | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote