THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Show us the one that made you proud in 2014
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show us the one that made you proud in 2014
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

I'll start....

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Biggest feral pig ever..taken this year...

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10136 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
my dad and my daughter. His deer, her first rifle hunt

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Evan K.
posted Hide Post
Shot my first turkey in May.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Posts: 776 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
My youngest boy bags another whitetail, filled both his doe tags all on the same day too, 3 one shot kills and the season was over in a day.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Three one shot kills by my daughter in one day as well in OK just a couple of days after Snell's boy. First buck ever for her and her first ever shots past 200 yards on game.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
She did great Chad! Great pictures too. Tell her way to hang in there until the last Deer, last minute, last day. My son Cody was really relieved to hear that she filled her tags, every day he kept rooting for her.
Fun stuff.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
I wish my phone would show the pics.

Anyways congrats guys.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
These are the two that I'm most proud of!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
[/URL][/IMG]

Bailey's first deer.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
[/URL][/IMG]

This photo and the one above are these hunter's first deer. The above photo is my daughter who hunted with me for 12 years and never had a decent opportunity to kill a deer. This photo is of my adopted daughter's boyfriend who had only hunted deer one other time.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Perry,

That's a pretty good first buck that is going to be hard to beat!

Congrats to both of your hunters!!!

Graybird

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:

Looks like you are doing your take off run into the wind.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
I got two pix...it was a family outing. My Dad, my Brother and I finally had a family hunt together. It looked like this:

Dad with his Doe!

I got a nice Buck that same night:

The next day My brother also got a doe. Good, solid family times!

PS: not sure what happened to the pix with my Brother...I gotta find out.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 210 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: 20 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
http://forums.accuratereloadin...3411043/m/7891021602

http://forums.accuratereloadin...043/m/6111098102/p/1

Far to many high on life moments this year to just pick one

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Probably this one is my favorite.

Graybird

One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
My 8yr old son's first deer

And a week later, his second

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Teri's first bear, a hunt I will never forget

Tom Kessel
Hiland Outfitters, LLC (BG-082)
Hiland, Wyoming
www.hilandoutfitters.com

Posts: 402 | Location: Central Wyoming | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Hey Ralphie
That looks like you got a wolf!?
Nice!

Great pictures everyone, I love seeing everyones photo's and the kids and wives especially that's great!

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
My 12 year old daughter's sika doe with a 120 gr reduced recoil 7mm-08 load I made up for her.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Austin Hunter
Your little boot wearing huntress
is surely growing up!
Miss the "boot pic's"

To everyone else...
Great photo's
Keep them coming!

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Way to go Gramps!
I hope I'm still killin them when I'm old.
I mean older.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
This was a proud day with my good friend graybird

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
This was a red letter day in June as my wife and PH took her first African animal

30-06 150 grn Accubond at 341 yards bang flop

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Hard to not be proud of these jewels

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Out of all the cool stuff I killed in SA

This guy put me on cloud 9

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
This one made me want to... dancing

Link to the story...http://forums.accuratereloadin...3411043/m/4261060402

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
Hard to not be proud of thee jewels

What were you looking for when you discovered that?! Big Grin Wink

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Shame? Not much

One of Us
posted Hide Post
shocker rotflmo
All fun and games till somebody gets blue balls!

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
My boy's first deer.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice first deer!

Posts: 1295 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am fortunate to hunt a lot, thus sometimes I take it for granted (not intentionally). Getting the chance to take my girlfriend after her first whitetail - that for me was a proud moment in 2014.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCS271:
This one made me want to... dancing

Link to the story...http://forums.accuratereloadin...3411043/m/4261060402

said it before, saying it again: Yours is THE coolest story/accomplishment on AR. Congrats again!

Posts: 1073 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I didn't get much to brag about but my son did. This is his best sturgeon this year.

This was his first buck.

Posts: 987 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
My 2014 OK crossbow buck 173 gross

I also bagged my first tom turkey and with my crossbow 10 inch beard

Posts: 1229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
That's one hell of a good buck Jeff

Glad to see your post....you've not been around much lately.