THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Anyone Up For an Idaho Cat Hunt This Winter????

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Up For an Idaho Cat Hunt This Winter????
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Got a couple of Lion opportunities for this winter if anyone is interested.

The hunt can take place in two different areas. In one area, the tags are $235.50 (Unit 15 - easier access area) and the 2nd area (Unit 16-A and 20) the tags are the reduced price of $31.50 and you are allowed TWO tags for cougar with no additional trophy fees.

The hunt is a 6 day fully guided affair and Cougar Hunts run from Nov. 21 through March 31.

Hunt is all inclusive of relaxing hot springs, cabin, guide, meals, cook. Hunt transportation by four wheeler, 4x4 or snow machines, Pickup and return trip to Lewiston airport, transporting hide to taxidermist and meat to freezer.

A non resident hunting license is 128.50 and Non resident lion tag is $235.50 in the non-back country area. Unit 16-A and 20 are a backcountry /road less hunt and the hunter should be in good physical condition. Mountain Lion Tags here are $31.50 and remember you can take TWO cats if you so desire with NO additional trophy fees.

The prices are . . .

1 on 1 $3,400.00 plus tax and use fee of 9%

2 on 1 $2,900.00 plus tax and use fee of 9%

If anyone is up for this, email me at john_salevurakis@hotmail.com or call me on my cell at 928-606-0756.

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John... you should go with me sometime, I am only a few hours from you(metro). I go every year, though I usually spend much of a year den/area scouting... I dont use dogs.

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I read an article recently about cougar hunting without dogs....it seems people used to thing it was completely impossible but the high numbers make it feasible. Do you ever use predator calls, or track in the snow??

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Anybody with dogs in western Wyoming want to take me for free?

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John, is this a recent change where you can shoot two on the one tag in the back country? I bought a tag this year for unit 27 (middle fork). We are heading there a week from tomorrow (Nov 1st) for Mule deer. Last year we saw a few cougars but no one shot because of tags. We later found out that you can use your deer tag if you choose to.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
smallfry,

Where do you hunt? A cat hunt without dogs is certainly a challenge that would interest me.

Chic,

There are certain areas that are two bear and two lion areas. This area is around where I hunted bear last spring and NE450No2 shot his bear in the fall. You cannot shoot two on one tag but are required to buy a second tag (only $31.50 so this is of little consequence). As for all back-country areas being this way, I doubt it but I would certainly be happy to call up Idaho Game and Fish to check for you.

Boghossian,

I almost bought a tag in Idaho two years ago when I ran across a natural kill above my friends ranch (the pouring rain stopped me). Aside form these chance finds, I think a predator call is the best way to go about it without dogs. A tracking hunt for mountian lion starts to raise questions about who is hunting who! [Big Grin] [Wink] [Big Grin]

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote