THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Tripod feeders, gravity feeders & coons
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tripod feeders, gravity feeders & coons
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't get as much time at the ranch as I would like. It is 150 miles away. I travel a lot and often work extreme hours. Hell, I am sitting at my desk right now. It is difficult to deal with these issue.

I have a total of 8 tripod feeders right now. On the one being hammered the most by the coons, it was totally empty last Thursday. 350 pounds gone. Similar feeders in other areas were down 100-150 pounds.

I think the easiest thing for me to do is to get the spin feeders off the ground. In the interim, I have put baskets on the most abused feeders.

This doesn't solve the problems with the protein feeders. I am extremely reluctant to use grease because of the hogs. I think I will experiment with one and use car wax on the legs to see what happens.

Posts: 12024 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote