THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    America's international security policy

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

America's international security policy
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
My friends, I think that your country is turning crazy with some regulations..

I know it's impossible to buy a scope or bullets or similar things from foreign countries because they may be used against american citizens...Roll Eyes...ok I understand...

But today I tried to buy from Midway a set of sling swivel studs (that cost 28 bucks) for an old mauser I have and they didn't sell them to me because they were going to be used out of your country ????? Eeker

So the question is how I will be able to carry my rifle ??? bewildered

Maybe tying the sling to the barrel with wire Big Grin

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the right hands, swivel studs are deadly. I read Soldier Of Fortune - I can kill a man with a house key.

Posts: 172 | Location: DAPHNE, ALABAMA | Registered: 26 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo-

I sent you a PM.

Bobby

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9406 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo:

Make a wish list. I'm sure those Mauser swing swivels will be a necessity while I'm dove hunting. Wink

I'm convinced that politicians and bureaucrats worldwide have to FAIL a commonsense test before they can hold any government position. Ours, OTOH, not only have to fail but they must prove they are not even smart enough to take the test.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
"My friends, I think that your country is turning crazy with some regulations.."

You have no idea. Janet Napolitano is just about the dumbest person I've ever seen and she's in charge of our national security. It's quite sad really... Frowner

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is the way we are. Americans are gifted at over reaction. You have to understand that we don't have a great deal of intestinal fortitude and really are as brave as a room full of pre-teen girls.

Sorry but thats the way it is.

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is the way we are. Americans are gifted at over reaction. You have to understand that we don't have a great deal of intestinal fortitude and really are as brave as a room full of pre-teen girls.

Speak for yourself, the Germans and Japanese didn't share that opinion of the American people during World War II. I'm sure the Taliban has a healthy respect for our military, particularly the Special Forces, as well.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4774 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SG Olds:

Sorry but thats the way it is.

Just another America-basher!

Oxon