New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montana pack-in Elk
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just got back from a rewarding and satisfying Elk hunt. Packed in to the Scapegoat Wilderness area with Klazy3 outfitters. They have two camps within 5-7 hrs and are well equipped and very comfortable. I blew out my right knee on the second day so I sent my son out with the outfitter on the third and he connected with his first elk. It made the whole trip worthwhile. These guys literally worked their asses off trying to get us our animals and it showed in the end. You have got to hunt with these guys.

WWW.Klazy3.com

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
congrats to your son on his first!

How was this years success ratio?

What do they normally average?

thanks

[ 10-31-2003, 20:14: Message edited by: Westman ]

Posts: 109 | Location: IL | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim sorry to hear about your knee, but glad you son was successful. See you in Reno? I am heading to Idaho in a week. In the meantime one of my hunting partners called today and has his elk down. Guess who gets to play pack horse tomorrow, lol.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim, sounds like a great trip for you and your son. There is no greater satisfaction then one of your kids getting their first game. The knee thingy is something I fight also every year so I feel your pain. Take care and get well soon.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote