New
Find
Notify
Tools

books/videos on long range shooting
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am considering purchasing a book and some videos by G. David Tubb and/or a video by Darrell Holland about long range shooting. The book by Tubb is titled "High Power Rifle" and the two videos by him that are of interest to me are titled "Long Range Rifle Shooting" and "The One Mile Shot". The video by Holland that I am interested in is put out by AGI (American Gunsmithing Institute) and is titled "Long Rnage Shooting for the Hunter". Have any of you read/seen these? If so were they good and helpful and informative products? Would one be better than any other? I am interested in becoming a better shot from the bench and from field positions and feel I could profit from some instruction. Thanks, Rufous.

Posts: 224 | Location: Walla Walla, WA 99362 | Registered: 05 December 2001Reply With Quote
<Don G>
posted
I have not seen them, David Tubb is a perennial NRA champion, so his book will be aimed primarily at that crowd, I think.

I'd get the Holland tape, maybe he'll show you all his gunsmithing secrets as well.

The secret to long range target shooting is reading the wind. The secret to long range hunting is knowing when NOT to shoot! JMHO

Don