New
Find
Notify
Tools

5 year old turkey hunting guide
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
He can sure find 'em! Here is my 5 y.o. son pointing out the perfect gobbler to shoot, and he doesn't even have to leave the living room, what a tracker!

-

Earlier today he found a rabbit squealer call and after I showed him he took about 30 seconds to make the perfect Ska-REE sound. Tomorrow afternoon I think we are going to go out into the woods and I'll see what he can call up.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Way to go Dad!!!! [Big Grin] ,the training shows

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cwilson
posted Hide Post
I also have a five year old who likes to use game calls. I have given him an owl hooter, crow call, lynch box call and a slate call. (I have LOTS of turkey calls - like most turkey hunters)

His mother just loves it when he practices around the house. We are usually evicted to the garage. It is amazing how quickly he has picked up on using the calls.

This spring he will be coming with me during scouting trips and the hunting season.

cwilson

Posts: 715 | Location: Boswell, PA, USA | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 6 year old nephew went last year with his Grandpa turkey hunting. Got himself up with Gramps and went out in the woods. I think shooting time starts at 5:30 am. Grandpa and him were on the standsand Grandpa was looking the wrong way when Quade pulled on his jacket and whisper "Grandpa here is a turkey" Grandpa didn't see it it first but then shot it. They were home by 6:30. He had so much fun my nephew is addicted to hunting. He really teased me "Uncle Heath how come you didn't get a turkey [Confused] . Hunting was easy, you just have to look for the birds." (He would go in the woods with me when he was three and he found deer dropings. "What are these?" I replied deer poop. "Oh deer poop" He poke it with a stick. "The rest of the time in the woods he would find more. "Uncle Heath more deer poop here!!!" I know his mother didn't think it was as funny as I did when he told her what he found in the woods. Of course she asked if he touched it. "No Mom it"s deer poop. You don't touch it, but you can poke it with a stick to see if it fresh" I got a killer look from my sister-in-law that day [Big Grin] )

He is addicted like his Grandma and Uncle. I think his mother is going crazy. [Big Grin]

Hcliff

Posts: 305 | Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote