New
Find
Notify
Tools

? About a lifesaver
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was wanting to know what this gadget is called. It uses satellite to let the rescuers know if I were to break my leg out in the forest. It shows the coordinates of where I am at. I think you can text on it to. Saw it on a hunting you tube. My son(16) is always going out by himself and figured this gadget would come in handy. Thanks.

Posts: 529 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
GPS

AK-47
The only Communist Idea that Liberals don't like.

Posts: 10170 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
It sounds like you are describing and Inreach or a Spot Messenger.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
As Jason said, you likely saw in inReach from Garmin. I use and like the Mini, which connects to my smartphone via bluetooth and allows relatively easy two-way texting through Garmin's satellite system. Very handy.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alright thanks guys

Posts: 529 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote