THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: corelokt, powerpoint, hi-shok bullet failure

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: corelokt, powerpoint, hi-shok bullet failure
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Having no experience with the new bonded plastic tipped bullets I will say in my opinion that the Corelokt and Powerpoint are superior to any non bonded core plastic tipped bullet. If used in the reccomended fashion and in the correct weight these bullets will perform well 95% of the time and 95% is pretty good for anything man made.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used factory Rem corelokt( 140gr I believe) in 7X57. Three deer - three one shot kills - nuff said.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
All of my deer hunting/hog hunting is done with Remington Core Lokts.

.270= 150 Grain SP
7MM-08= 140 Grapn PSP
.308= 150 Grain PSP or 180 grain SP

I hunt mainly with the .308 now and there is very little "tracking" needed after proper shot placement on deer. The ground is usually strewn with lung and pink blood all the way up to the animal.

If I feel like takin on some particularly nasty hogs I'll shoot the 180 grain round nosed core-lokts. These suckers are just plain MEAN!!!

Jake

Posts: 11 | Location: Stephenville, TX | Registered: 04 September 2004Reply With Quote