THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    6 PRONGHORN ANTELOPE PERMITS AVAILABLE FOR THIS YEAR

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6 PRONGHORN ANTELOPE PERMITS AVAILABLE FOR THIS YEAR
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have 6 permits left over for antelope this year in New Mexico. Large ranch with lots of good Antelope, 100% success every year, 2 day guided hunt....$2250.00

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where abouts in NM?

Posts: 245 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
Ray, didn't see anything on your website about this hunt. Can you post more details? Specifically - location or ranch, total hunters on ranch (assume more than 6), ave size of goats taken last year, anticpated number of goats I could look over during a day, etc..

I didn't draw my elk tag in WY and this may be a quick way to get out west this year and hunt a state I haven't yet.

Thanks

Brad

Posts: 472 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Dang, an antelope hunt for $1125 a day? Did I miss read that?
What's the average day rate for Lion or Elephant?
I'll pass, to expensive for me.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TJ: Please don't take offense..but it sounds like a great deal...I tried to go to after NM pronghorn last year with my brother but everything was booked by the time I wanted to start spending money..while NM is modestly expensive (routinely in the $2500-$3500+ range for a 2-day hunt) NM does boast some of the biggest antelope out there and they have a bunch of them...you are paying for access to the best hunting grounds. It is worth every penny. I ended up hunting near Craig, CO instead of NM and we shot our goats right off the bat (that hunt, in second place, was right at $2000 a head for three days hunting [it was a six hour hunt for the two of us]). Ray's hunt sounds like an excellent deal. And when Ray says, diplomatically, that the hunt is 100% successful, that is what he means..these hunts are short, fast and exciting. And an antelope makes an excellent shoulder mount. The thing you would have to worry about on this hunt is being a good rifle shot when it counts!

Robert Jobson

Posts: 669 | Location: Alaska, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
rwj:
Certainly no offense taken. I went to Montana antelope hunting a few years ago, and the price was considerably less. I guess I need to keep up with hunt prices a little better.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sweet deal $1125 per day
I like $23.25 plus gas and bullets for as many days as it takes....usually around 1/2 day.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote