New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey all you Alaskans
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any of you boys from Alaska in Anchorage? any of you know of a good spot to hunt moose close to here? Friend of mine goes to denali but thats too long of a drive.

Posts: 675 | Location: anchorage | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dark paladin,
Theres some good places around here. How hard do you want to work for it? do you have a canoe, or raft? I'm not gonna tell you exactly where but if you drop me a line I can try and help you out, the rest would be up to you.

Posts: 204 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 06 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We, my father and I do have a boat, one 12 foot plastic duck boat, or my uncle's 18 foot salmon rig, im thinkin mainly along the lines of a fri-sun type hunt, no longer than 1 week.

Posts: 675 | Location: anchorage | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You tell me where you pan all that gold, and I'll tell you where the moose are close to Anchorage, heh, heh.

Posts: 323 | Location: Anchorage, AK, USA | Registered: 15 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Alaskan>
posted
I have to agree........there are some places that are good that are close but it still boils down to work and how much you are willing to do.

I wont tell ya where but I will answer any questions on how to figure it out.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Not many Moose here in Juneau, but I thought I'd say hi...FYI I always see a lot when I land in Anchorage in the runway area. How about down by Girdwood?
JB

Posts: 116 | Location: Juneau, Alaska, U.S.A. | Registered: 25 September 2001Reply With Quote