New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanted: Antelope outfitter
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My Africa trip got canceled this year. So now I'm all dressed up and no where to go, so to speak. Anybody got a good deal on a Antelope hunt or may be a deer hunt in texas?
Email me sig202_65x55@hotmail.com

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark,
If you are looking for a Texas deer hunt, give Garret George w/Double G Outfitting a call. He is a great guy and you will have a great hunt. Garret donated a turkey hunt last year for our local RMEF banquet and he is donating a deer hunt this year. One of our committee members books for him here in the Carolinas and hunts with him every year. If you give him a call tell him Chris Croy form the Charlotte Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation chapter referred you.

He is his web site: www.doublegoutfitting.com

C-ROY

Posts: 259 | Location: Carolina | Registered: 11 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
I have some great Pronghorn in New Mexico and Deer in Texas. I have e-mailed you a couple of my specials. Too bad about Africa.

------------------
Greg Rodriguez
Mombasa Trading Company
www.mbogo.net
(281) 494-4151

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
C-ROY, thanks I'll check into it.

Greg, "too bad about africa" No kidding.
O'well life happens. The news letter you sent me and your Pronghorn hunt was one of the first things to come to mind, but I didn't have you contact info at work. I'm waiting on your email.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark

BUMMER

I sent you an e-mail......

Posts: 1499 | Location: NE Okla | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Greg and Mark
Looks like hotmail is having problems, you want to try again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bummer about the cancelled safari.
I have a contact for Pronghorn in New Mexico. I believe the hunt always takes place the last 3 days of August. I will email you the rancher's name and his prices. Expectations should be for about a 13-14" turbo goat but every year one guy out of about a dozen takes one that is in the 16-17" range.

Regards,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Give Chad Sherer of Central Montana Outfitters a call. 406-799-7984

He has some really good goats in his area. Tough to draw about 30% I spect but worth the draw if you do.

"GET TO THE HILL"

Dog

Posts: 879 | Location: Bozeman,Montana USA | Registered: 31 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John
that sounds great looking forward to hearing from you. Whats the temp. like in New Mexico the week of August. A few years back I went through Alburquerque and Santa Fe on my way to a Elk hunt in Colorado.

Greg and Mark,
sorry still nothing, I hope hotmail can clear this up.

one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I have not been able to get the e-mail through to you. It keeps bouncing. E-mail me at ggrod@msn.com or call 281-494-4151 and I can send the info. This hunt consistently produces over 15" Pronghorn, with several 16-17" taken every year. Last year we averaged almost 15 1/2" and 100% success. I am leaving for Canada Friday to take a group on a Bear hunt, so hopefully you can get me today.

------------------
Greg Rodriguez
Mombasa Trading Company
www.mbogo.net
(281) 494-4151

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Mark,

sorry about your hunt. I remember you put a lot of effort into finding the exact right one.

Anyway I have a ranch in New Mexico that takes 16 Antelope every year. 16.5" is the average. There were 4 B&C contenders. $1850 for the hunt. This can not be beat for the price.

------------------
Wendell Reich

Hunter's Quest International
wendell@huntersquest.com

[This message has been edited by Buffalobwana (edited 05-17-2002).]

Posts: 6263 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote