Login/Join

one of us
posted
Check out this Monster buck pick up,awsome shocker

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I'd have liked to seen the body that went with those antlers. I bet it was equally impressive.

I think the most impressive part of that exceptional rack may be the HUGE bases.

Do you have any more details, like whether it may have been killed by predators, died from natural causes,etc.?

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9389 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Only Details are that is was found near.. RICE Lake ,wisconsin...Nice Pick up find,i bet it died of old age....I beleive if i hit one like that and couldnt find it ,i'd be tore up pretty bad for awhile....wouldnt we all!! hilbily thumb

one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
he probably died from trying to carry those around through the brush.They must be three feet wide!

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a awsome sight to see something like that walking to your stand,talk about your heart rate going up,Buck Fever would be giving me the shakes & jerks something fierce,especially with only my recurve stick and string,wow..I shot at a monster blackie one time years ago with my recurve bow and had to watch him for 30 minutes until he got with in 35yrds...I was up a oak about 25 feet,I tried my best shot and it looked perfect and all of a sudden it was like the hand of God reached out and slapped my arrow down and it just barely missed and hit low under his heart about a half inch under his hair,clean miss....I have never got over it,that bear looked to have been 800# at lest and was old as they come,i would guess 20years maybe...anyway thats the differance between bowhunting and rifle hunting,with a rifle it would have been a chip shot!I just thanked the Lord for letting me get to see the record monster Bear and it was just not meant to be for me to Harvest him/only the heart brake of the missed shot which will linger forever in my mind....Bowhunting is a tough sport!Gotta be tough and be willing to take the ups and the downs...Always reminded me of hooking a monster fish only to play him a minute or so and then the line snap like a 22 rifle going off!!!
But then when it all comes together ....its worth it all in the end,,,,only another hunter understands these things,non-hunters dont have a clue.....My Grandfather tought me that at a early age while bass fishing with him and my younger cousin,one of us would hook a monster fish that would break the line and he allways said,that goes along with it..sometimes you win sometimes the fish wins....its all good & Part of the Game!!!! clap
For those of you that can remember on saturdays the show called wide world of sports..they had a saying at the beginning that went something like ..The triumph of victory & the heartbrake of Defeat....Thats hunting & fishing for sure! thumb

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
wow! I have friends in the rice lake area. They have always invited me to come shoot a whitetail there, perhaps, I'm missing out Eeker

Posts: 5710 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go Man Go,You only Live once,find out when the prime rut time is and hunt a whole week next year daylight to dark and i bet you will get a monster up there bigger than that one archer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe that s from Wisconsin.Not that they dont get big here.Judjing from the discolored skull,its been dead for a year or more.usually the porkys will have eatin the horns in that amount of time.very seldom do you find sheds here when its past May.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Now THAT's what I call a pair of brow tines!! Eeker

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3108 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Folks, I'm in Rice Lake every week, i live 25 miles away. I'll see if I can find more info.

"I can't be over gunned because the animal can't be over dead"-Elmer Keith

Posts: 551 | Location: Northwestern Wisconsin | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This one looks TOO big to me. Maybe a product of the winter and idle hands. I'd agree that the porcupines, mice and red squirrels should have been after this pretty well in a short while.

A better picture would be nice but even the current one has a few odd places in it. Maybe someone funning with Decker down in Mondovi.

Posts: 226 | Location: Dorchester County, South Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys ,correct me if im wrong but doesnt it look like a bullet hole right above its right eye.

Posts: 163 | Location: York Pa | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's not a bullet hole, it is normal anatomy.

You can see both holes in this picture I took some years back.

Posts: 226 | Location: Dorchester County, South Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for pointing that out DKING from the other pic it looked like a hole. I've never skinned a head to notice those before

Posts: 163 | Location: York Pa | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not so sure about the possible photoshopping of this. While there is some questionable distortion as shown above there does not appear to be the expected corrseponding distorion of background. Pay particular attention to the stones on the wall. Everything seems to line up. More to the point, why stop there? If the rest is altered somebody did a awefully good job of it. Perhaps the distortion is simply an anomaly from something else. There is green mold or alge(?) on the brow tines similar to what's seen on the skull, maybe it was in water??? If so perhaps that could account for the lack of rodent damage??? Tremendous rack though if indeed it is real.

An old man sleeps with his conscience, a young man sleeps with his dreams.

Posts: 777 | Location: United States | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
I work with a guy who hunts the areas where this buck was found about a 1/4 mile from his place. I have seen game cam pic's when it was alive very big.

Posts: 19493 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote